Porch Awning Sizing

Rich

I want to order an NR Porch awning for my 2004 Elddis Firestorm (Avante) 505. I'd like to purchase it now so I can use it at Easter. My van is stored away from home and I won't have chance to measure it myself before then.

If anyone with a 2004 Firestorm or Avante 505 could tell me what the measurement is as described below it would be much appreciated :-

"To measure your van for the correct height of porch awning, measure from the awning channel above the door down to the ground. Our porch awnings come in three different heights, 7' 0", 7' 6", 8' 0". Choose the height nearest to your measurement."

2. 67m is the overall height, probably to the top of the TV aerial. What you need is the height to the awning rail which is not given on the website. Do you not have a caravan dealer nearby, where you could pop down with a tape measure.

Also check the length of your porch awning to make sure it does not cross any of the windows.

Brian

Just measured my 2005 Avante 505 at 95 inches to roof level at the door, just a touch under 8 foot

11063[/snapback]

Sounds like the 8 foot size would be the best option then, otherwise it's 7. 6 which would be far too small.

BrianI - windows, arr yes good point. I had thought of this before but it's slipped my mind. Might have to try and find a dealer near by or pop over to York to see my original supplier. Bit of a pain is all, hey ho.

Thanks for the help.