Peugeot 90hdi

wigelywoo

We tow with a peugeot 406 hdi(90) and find it a very good tow car,our van has a mtplm of 1325kg and it pulls it no problem, it has plenty of low down torque which is great for towing and i get around 47mpg solo and about 30-35mpg towing.

• 3 weeks later...

I had a 2000 X-plate HDi 90 Estate for 4 years, until the Mondeo 130 came along. Although I expected the 406 to be a bit sluggish, it went surprisingly well and was very stable. I don't know how the 110 compares but I found the 90 very acceptable. Mpg was around 49-51 solo, 29-30 towing - which is excellent for a car of that size. My only criticism was the poor quality - including 13 sets of front discs in 85K miles (fortunately under warranty and, no, I'm not a boy-racer) and bits of bodywork trim coming adrift at regular intervals. But it was very comfortable and spacious, and with the arrival of the 407 the 406 represents good value for money.

• 3 weeks later...
Could anyone tell me what the Peugeot 406hdi 90 is like as a towcar

10442[/snapback]

JUST BOUGHT A 406 90BHP AND IT TOWS VERY WELL, I HAD AN XANTIA BEFORE WHICH WAS A BIT LOWER GEARED SO IT WILL TAKE A BIT OF TIME TO GET USED TO THE PUG BUT, SO FAR IT SEEMS LIKE IT WOULD PULL A HOUSE DOWN

• 1 month later...

I have been out a few times now. I tow with a 307SW 90S. It towes fine. No problems encounted, mine is a company car so I had no choice in what arrived. If it was me I would go for the larger 110 version. The towball weight of 60Kg is a pain, otherwise all OK.

Mark

• 2 months later...