Avondale Dart

maggie

Maggie,

You are either having a bad time of it or you have had one too many!!

I think I understand the question. We have a 2004 Dart and that has been fine but I know that some people have ahd prblems with the rear panel cracking but that was not just on the Dart.

May I suggest that you put this question in the Avondale Forum?

I'll have one of what your drinking Maggie!!

10194[/snapback]

Hi Armstrong, When Maggie is in the chair mine is a Rum & Coke, (don't know if they have clicked yet!)

hi robin goin to need more than a rum and coke at this rate van got problems only had it since sat have you heard of any electrical faults with darts havin no joy finding out from dealer  :(

10336[/snapback]

Hello Maggie, What exactly are the electrical faults that you have? What other problems have you unfortunately had?

:huh:

Hello Maggie, What exactly are the electrical faults that you have? What other problems have you unfortunately had?

10367[/snapback]

Hi Rob we picked van up on sat got it home supposedly dealer had pdi van couldnt get interior light to work over kitchen area phoned dealer who gave us 2 light bulbs still no joy when my husband phoned dealer again they told him o it will be the circuit board under the light itself its a common fault on avondale darts i have been in contact with wendy from avondale who said its not a common fault anbd only change the one board van has 3 month warranty from dealer so if lights are going to be faulty we might as well get them done any help would be appreciated we have been told avondale are not the best of vans to purchase it looks ok apart from this problem maggie

Maggie,

I have a 2004 Dart 556/6. We had a few niggly problems. Missing aerial for CD, bunk bed ladder holders missing. Nothing really compared to some people on here.

I think this is not a problem unique to Avondales. I stick my neck out and say I blame the dealers! Once they have sold you the van, tough! That is the experience I had, and I realise not all are the same, but my experience was not pleasant.

I would not buy a van from this dealer again, and if it wasn't going to land me in trouble would name and shame! We are happy to praise when they do well, we should also do the reverse.

I sorted my problems out with Avondale directly. I did end up with countless bits and pieces, but better too many than none! :blink:

• 2 weeks later...
Maggie,

I have a 2004 Dart 556/6. We had a few niggly problems. Missing aerial for CD, bunk bed ladder holders missing. Nothing really compared to some people on here.

I think this is not a problem unique to Avondales. I stick my neck out and say I blame the dealers!  Once they have sold you the van, tough!  That is the experience I had, and I realise not all are the same, but my experience was not pleasant.

I would not buy a van from this dealer again, and if it wasn't going to land me in trouble would name and shame! We are happy to praise when they do well, we should also do the reverse.

I sorted my problems out with Avondale directly. I did end up with countless bits and pieces, but better too many than none! :blink:

10747[/snapback]

Hi bux think you might be right once van is sold and they have yiur money they dont want to know if they were named and shamed we might get better service . How do you find the dart we havn't been inours yet hoping to go at easter its going in next sat to be sorted (or to get me off thier back) has anyone else got a dart how do they find them its nice to talk to like minded people thanks maggie

Maggie,

We love the caravan. It is warm and comfortable and really plush! We come from a 1988 Sprite Muskateer which, although was a great van, was a little lacking in the comfort zone. There are only a couple of niggly things, not enough work surface and the beds are really uncomfortable. The front double bed is massive if you make it up completely (room for 4 and the 2 dogs), maybe the beds will soften over the years. ..... here's hoping!

We have booked to go out for the first time at Easter. We would have gone earlier but have such a hectic social life!

Bux!

From one Bux to another,

Our last caravan was a Sprite Musketeer 93, brilliant van never a problem, but oh the luxury of the new vans,

pity they have all the problems, (although I am happy with our new van now!).

progress eh, :rolleyes:

Paul

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

I think our eyes are blinkered to our old caravans faults. The sink in the washroom was unuseable, the dog had eaten the trim around the front seat, the awning was ripped. .. but we had four brilliant years in that caravan and I wouldn't trade them for anything.

When we were looking for a new van we considered the new sprite, but I thought they were a little too continental for my taste and also quite expensive.

• 2 weeks later...
I think our eyes are blinkered to our old caravans faults. The sink in the washroom was unuseable, the dog had eaten the trim around the front seat, the awning was ripped. .. but we had four brilliant years in that caravan and I wouldn't trade them for anything.

When we were looking for a new van we considered the new sprite, but I thought they were a little too continental for my taste and also quite expensive.

12738[/snapback]

Hi Bux maggie hear been reading the replys its odd ive also changed from a sprite musketeer to avondale the new vans as you say are aimed at younger generation got a continental feel to the we didnt like them either like you said i think you tend to forget the faults on the old van you had one thing about our sprite was the beds were ***** comfy hope the beds in the avondales are ok heard the wernt comfy anyone got any comment on the beds would be grateful as we are going away at easter might take an extre duvet to lie on like a good nites sleep otherwise ill take to the drink again maggie :D

Maggie, the first time we used the caravan it was like lying on a brick! The beds do give but not very much. I used extra pillows for my back as I could hardly move in the morning. Now we put another duvet underneath. Had the caravan nearly a year now and still hard. Our Muskateer was so well used you'd wake up in the morning and the mattress would be flat and we'd be lying on the hardboard!

The rear bunk mattresses seem to be softer, according to the kids.

On the plus side, if you make up the front bed with the chest removed, you can fit four people in it!

Enjoy your first outing and let me know.

Bux (<<first outing Easter)

• 4 weeks later...

Last week we went away for the first time in our new Dart.

To be fair to Avondale and the dealers we can't find anything that doesn't work properly!

The dealer spent time with us when we took delivery, making sure we knew how things worked and ensuring we were happy. And so far the only thing we noticed was a loose screw on the cooker (not in the cook!).

Here's to more days away.

Neil

:D

J & R in Leicester

Primarily because they were the only people round about who would give us a decent price, and take the folding camper in part exchange. .. others would give a price for cash, and we could have sold the camper privately. .. but J & R were prepared to give us a price that we were prepared to pay for part exchange. ...

Neil

• 4 weeks later...
J & R in Leicester

Primarily because they were the only people round about who would give us a decent price, and take the folding camper in part exchange. .. others would give a price for cash, and we could have sold the camper privately. .. but J & R were prepared to give us a price that we were prepared to pay for part exchange. ...

Neil

19391[/snapback]

Hi MaggieS back we have just had a weekend away in the van at Easter the beds were a bit firm but not rock hard everything seems to be working ok now got the circuit board on the light sorted out only complaint is when you sit on the loo you need to pull the blind down otherwise you will on show to all dosent seem as much storage space as in the old Muky we had oh well probably get used to tha all in all feeling happier with the van now i suppose it just takes a bit of getting used to. thanks for all the replies its nice to know prople take time to reply think ill have another rum and coke now bye for now :D

J & R in Leicester

Neil

19391[/snapback]

Hi MaggieS back we have just had a weekend away in the van at Easter the beds were a bit firm but not rock hard everything seems to be working ok now got the circuit board on the light sorted out only complaint is when you sit on the loo you need to pull the blind down otherwise you will on show to all dosent seem as much storage space as in the old Musky we had oh well probably get used to tha all in all feeling happier with the van now i suppose it just takes a bit of getting used to. thanks for all the replies its nice to know people take time to reply think ill have another rum and coke now bye for now :D

• 11 months later...

carrying on where i left off last yr when we bought the dar tand we had leccy problems seems they didnt pdi the van very well 4rs old major damp problems in back end of van according to previous owner who we traced was there when he traded it in after much discussion with dealer repair or replace we decided to replace van not got any faith left in avondale unfortunatly as its second awe had with damp we gone for fleetwood have we just been unlucky with avondale ????? :huh:

• 7 months later...

carrying on where i left off last yr when we bought the dar tand we had leccy problems seems they didnt pdi the van very well 4rs old major damp problems in back end of van according to previous owner who we traced was there when he traded it in after much discussion with dealer repair or replace we decided to replace van not got any faith left in avondale unfortunatly as its second awe had with damp we gone for fleetwood have we just been unlucky with avondale ????? :huh:

Kate and I seem to be lucky

We bought a secondhand 2 berth Dart (1998) last year.

Every works ok The van was bought in 1998 moved to Heathrow and parked near there until last year.

It was then sold to a dealer and we bought it off him. He gave us a full service (I mean the van) and every thing is going ok.

Wev'e had 56 nights in this year and the only thing that I thought had broke was the blown air heating until I found the over heating cut out. I had closed the washroom heating duct as it was like a turkish bath in there and this tripped the cutout.

nedlog

Every works ok The van was bought in 1998 moved to Heathrow and parked near there until last year.

It was then sold to a dealer and we bought it off him. He gave us a full service (I mean the van) and every thing is going ok.

Wev'e had 56 nights in this year and the only thing that I thought had broke was the blown air heating until I found the over heating cut out. I had closed the washroom heating duct as it was like a turkish bath in there and this tripped the cutout.

nedlog

nedlog