Bailey Pageant Deville

fatcol

Have any of you Bailey folks heard of the Deville? I can't find any info. There is a 1994 one cheap in a local paper, I haven't seen it yet but when I spoke to the buyer concerning condition he admitted that there were signs of damp around the shower door. He said that he thought it was the shower and not water ingress from outside but I hear alarm bells. I'm trying to talk myself out of it as I am really after a twin dinette rater than bunks but it is cheap, about £2 1/2k from memory.

Thanks

Fatcol

Allright fatcol. I would stay clear of it. You should be able to get a decent van for £2500. I sold my abbey for 1250 before trading up. Look around now before the season picks up I think you will find a peach.

Good luck mate. ...... <_<

Hi fatcol

I think you'll find great support for Bailey caravans on this site. We are on our second but have a good look around at as many different caravans as you can before you buy, different makes layouts etc you'll eventually keep coming back to the "right " one for you.

Happy hunting!

Pam

Thanks Pam

Spent all day today looking, drove over 200 miles! I have dropped this particular Bailey, although I saw a few different ones, the hot favourites at the moment are an Elddis and an Abbey. I just want to get the right van and not regret it two weeks later when I see the same van much cheaper but I have been looking for 4 or 5 weeks now and I may just blow up and buy the next one I see ;)

Cheers

fatcol

No, don't do that!.... take your time, take sandwiches. .and a flask!... half the fun of buying a caravan is looking for one. .

. ....there are some tips somewhere on this board about how to get a good deal.

When we finally got ours, after months of trailing across hundreds of miles, we decided which caravan we wanted, which layout and which make we liked and then went round looking for the best deal.

We found it one really awful Saturday, it was tipping down with rain(BAD) but there were very few customers(GOOD)!! The salesmen were drenched and fed up and we were told they hadn't made their targets that day. .. so we stuck to our guns and got a good deal.

But I would like to start all over again this year, ( Better Half not keen)I love looking at different caravans and always visit dealships when we're on holiday in the UK. ....

I know, I know, "saddo" springs to mind.

Don't forget the Shows this time of year, well worth a look if your looking for ideas. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the encouragement norter, I guess I'm a "saddo" too, when I was talking to a caravaning friend last night we both realised that I knew far too much about the available local caravans!

You will be pleased to know that I didn't buy the next van I saw, but I have bought a 2001 5 berth Elddis Cyclone. I went back to the same place a couple of times haggling and eventually got about 400 pounds off and wheel clamp, aquaroll, wastemaster, gas bottle and step thrown in, I think they were just glad to get rid of me in the end.

Anyway, I collect the van in a couple of weeks and we are looking forward to the first trip, of course now I have to start looking for an awning. It never ends but as you say poking around shops to get kitted out is all part of the fun.

Cheers