New Car

Jimd

I'm picking up my new car tomorrow. Volvo V70 D5 with load compensating suspension.

On top of the Wales- England result, a very good week ( as I'm sure some of you will understand )

Jim

You'll love your new car. The D5 engine pulls like a train. ...

9824[/snapback]

I'm sure it must pull better than that - slow and late . ... oh, and expensive!!! ;)

No, seriously, enjoy your new 'toy', they are one of the best regarded tow cars around - aparently!

Martin W

Discovery D3 HSE + Coachman VIP 575/4 2016

www.pennplanning.co.uk

Guest john1215

I can't get mine until March 1st but I'm looking forward to the day. Just as a matter of interest, I enquired about load sensitive suspension and was advised by the sales staff to wait and see what the suspension was like. Is the load compensation necessary and have I been poorly advised?

john1215

I can't get mine until March 1st but I'm looking forward to the day. Just as a matter of interest, I enquired about load sensitive suspension and was advised by the sales staff to wait and see what the suspension was like. Is the load compensation necessary and have I been poorly advised?

john1215

9831[/snapback]

John, personally speaking I think you have had 'duff' advice, maybe from a salesman that doesn't know about caravans?

My disco has self levelling and it is fantastic - especially for the old booze cruises :rolleyes:

Martin W

Discovery D3 HSE + Coachman VIP 575/4 2016

www.pennplanning.co.uk

Guest john1215

Wonky,

Thanks for the "advice", I'm not being nasty when I say this but there is quite a difference between the discovery suspension and the V70 and will there be any comparison. My experience with a discovery didn't lead me to believe that self-levelling was necessary, there again I have to bow to your knowledge because you have used it, I haven't.

I'd appreciate a view of a V70 owneraswell before I do battle with Volvo.

john1215

John,

I have a 2002 V70 D5SE and am considering fitting self levelling suspension at a cost of about £600! The rear suspension is perfectly adequate for 90% of circumstances. ...but. ...my van has a noseweight of about 75kg which would be OK if I didn't load the boot of my car up with mucho vino & beero when I visit la belle France.

I have just returned from an airport run with 5 adults and 7 suitcases without bottoming out so I wouldn't say the Volvo's suspension is inadequate but I like to see my car sat level. Less chance of being pulled for overloading I guess.

If you want to email me direct regarding my car you can at keatb@aol. com

Keat

John,

I have load levelling rear suspension on my S60. It works well and keeps the car level at all times. I was told by the salesman it cannot be retrofitted and can only be done as a factory order which I did at the cost of £500, so you have probably missed the boat on that.

I don't really believe that it cannot be retrofitted. Anything can be done if you want but it will be more expensive as you end up throwing away the standard suspension.

The estate probably has a stiffer suspension than the saloon so it may not be too bad

Brian

Guest john1215
John,

I have load levelling rear suspension on my S60. It works well and keeps the car level at all times. I was told by the salesman it cannot be retrofitted and can only be done as a factory order which I did at the cost of £500, so you have probably missed the boat on that.

I don't really believe that it cannot be retrofitted. Anything can be done if you want but it will be more expensive as you end up throwing away the standard suspension.

The estate probably has a stiffer suspension than the saloon so it may not be too bad

Brian

9906[/snapback]

£500, why or how can it be that much more expensive to have a factory fit, surely the parts needed can't cost that much or is it the time taken to fit on the assembly line or are the car companies just making a little bit extra.

If you order it, they have time to plan the installation, time to organise the operation, so why the exhorbitant cost.

john1215

I'm jealous. Thats of the rugby results of coarse. :o No enjoy your new car great motor for towing with plenty of room onboard for extras. Dave