Pump Problem

ging75

Hi all been out today in my van thought i would give her a clean, problem is when the pump is switched on and no taps are in use i get a clicking noise and the pump is still running not all the time but say every couple of seconds, its not making the noise as if the taps where on constant just as if i quickley turn them on then off again, i have to turn the pump off when finished using the tap. Hope someone can help me out its driving me mad having to turn the pump on and off.

ps all the lights for the pump are showing its ok. and i have tryed resetting the presure switch but its still the same.

Hi all been out today in my van thought i would give her a clean, problem is when the pump is switched on and no taps are in use i get a clicking noise and the pump is still running not all the time but say every couple of seconds, its not making the noise as if the taps where on constant just as if i quickley turn them on then off again, i have to turn the pump off when finished using the tap. Hope someone can help me out its driving me mad having to turn the pump on and off.

ps all the lights for the pump are showing its ok. and i have tryed resetting the presure switch but its still the same.

9799[/snapback]

My dealer said something about this being due to insufficient charge in the battery, resolved by adjusting the pressure switch as you describe. Is the electrical system in good order?

Guest john1215

ging,

This noise is normally associated with a drop in pressure in the water system, I have suffered the same problem myself. What I did was to fill the water system up and get rid of any air in the pipes. Turn on the hot tap for a few seconds then turn it off. Whilst the pump is clicking I adjusted the pressure switch first clockwise until the noise stops. The turn on the tap again and if the noise re-appears, repeat the procedure, eventually you should find a happy medium. I habe known this to occur several times, once on each different site I visited but eventually it settled down. I did notice it occured mainly when we were not on electric hookup so perhaps there is a connection with low power as already mentioned.

john1215

Can confirm its your pressure switch. ... mine was doing exactly the same thing last year, had van serviced this week and explained the problem to the engineer and he came back later and said it need cleaning that’s all so were ok again it isn’t much of a job APARENTLY but way beyond my capabilities

Can confirm its your pressure switch. ... mine was doing exactly the same thing last year, had van serviced this week and explained the problem to the engineer and he came back later and said it need cleaning that’s all so were ok again it isn’t much of a job APARENTLY but way beyond my capabilities

9842[/snapback]

Sometimes the diaphragm inside the pressure switch splits,corrodes or becomes weak this inturn causes it to fluctuate on the microswitch giving a hammering effect on the pump. Steve ;)

Archived