Urgent Help - Advice Needed

Jacqui F-J

When we went to collect our Bailey Discovery today, from storage for its first service, the guy who runs the storage site pointed out it had stress cracks on the one front corner and the rear corner. He was not sure what was the best course of action whether to replace the entire roof section or to simply repair the cracks.

The gent at the dealership is referring the matter to Bailey but could not say for definate what was needed.

Can anyone out there give us some advice - is this a simple repair jobbie or a major problem - I am really concerned as this van is less than 12 months old and they no longer make this model.

Jacqui

When we went to collect our Bailey Discovery today, from storage for its first service, the guy who runs the storage site pointed out it had stress cracks on the one front corner and the rear corner. He was not sure what was the best course of action whether to replace the entire roof section or to simply repair the cracks.

The gent at the dealership is referring the matter to Bailey but could not say for definate what was needed.

Can anyone out there give us some advice - is this a simple repair jobbie or a major problem  - I am really concerned as this van is less than 12 months old  and they no longer make this model.

Jacqui

9721[/snapback]

If your van is less than 12 months old it should still be under manufacturers warrenty and therefore any repair/replacement should be down to the manufacturer.

If they no longer make the model there must be a reason they have discontinued it - perhaps it is because of the stress cracks appearing in which case Bailey will have come across this before and I am sure they will already have a plan of action !

Let us know what happens

Margaret

Margaret

I don't do technical !!!

Just me and my showdogs!!

• 1 month later...
Hi,

As an update, the dealer has got back to us to say, that Bailey want to replace the damaged roof panel and will be taking the caravan back to their factory to carry out the work. I will let you know how things develop.

9935[/snapback]

I have a Bailey Discovery 100 bought new last April. It has just had its first service and damp test. I was gutted to be told it had high damp readings at the top of the large front panel, near to where it joins the roof.

It appears that a crack has developed allowing water to get into structure. I am currently awaiting the Dealer to return to me with a date as to when it can go back to the factory to have a new front end panel fitted. My problem sounds suspiciouly similiar to yours.

I would be very interested to hear from any one else with this potential problem. My caravan was actually built in March 2004.