Which Bbq?

NewRangerFamily

Yes, the sun is definately getting warmer and thoughts are slowly turning to BBQ's and long summer evenings :)

Having muddled by with a small BBQ last season (sits several inches off the ground and cost less than £5) I am keen to get something more robust this year and ideally at waist level! A cheap folding BBQ would be ideal or one with quickly detachable legs.

Dont want to spend a fortune and dont want a Cadac or any kind of multi purpose cooker just a good old BBQ!

Any ideas? Anyone seen anything in the shops yet?

Many thanks

David, Callum and Connor (NRF)

We have a BBQ we got from B & Q a couple of years ago. It folds into a slightly long briefcase size. Opens up to about 2 foot high. cost about £20-£25 I think.

9714[/snapback]

We bought one of the same type from B&Q, no problems. :D

Paul

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

If you are thinking of going to france, especially anywhere in a forested area, you may find one of the cheaper gas BBQ's a better buy. For fire risk reasons lots of french sites don't allow charcoal BBQ's, only gas. Ours cost the grand sum £12!! We have a gas BBQ at home so already have a small spare bottle that we can use.

If you are thinking of going to france, especially anywhere in a forested area, you may find one of the cheaper gas BBQ's a better buy. For fire risk reasons lots of french sites don't allow charcoal BBQ's, only gas. Ours cost the grand sum £12!! We have a gas BBQ at home so already have a small spare bottle that we can use.

9898[/snapback]

That seems very reasonable, were did you purchase it from ? weve been using

charcoal bbq's the disposable type and we support them on a metal tray with metal

folding legs so its about 18" off the ground, but they do get a bit smokey at times

so weve been thinking of a gas type one.

I also bought the brief case style folding BBQ from B&Q 2 years ago. I found it gives a reasonable cooking area yet still fold easily for travelling. Unfortunately I did not see it on sale last year.

Bob Connor

That seems very reasonable, were did you purchase it from ? weve been using

charcoal bbq's the disposable type and we support them on a metal tray with metal

folding legs so its about 18" off the ground, but they do get a bit smokey at times

so weve been thinking of a gas type one.

10197[/snapback]

I can't recall the make but we've seen it sold in several caravanning shops for between £12-15, red coloured case with folding wire leg supports.

ive just been on the www. focusdiy. co. uk website and theyve just got in what ive been looking for for ages A thermos grill2go, its £129. 99 . just search grill2go or go to focus website to view it, i,m looking forward to using mine . ....

We have a BBQ we got from B & Q a couple of years ago. It folds into a slightly long briefcase size. Opens up to about 2 foot high. cost about £20-£25 I think.

9714[/snapback]

We got one of those from B & Q also and it has a wind shield for those windy days. It is almost a permanent fixture in the caravan along with the firelighters and charcoal.

We got one of those from B & Q also and it has a wind shield for those windy days.   It is almost a permanent fixture in the caravan along with the firelighters and charcoal.

10460[/snapback]

Beauclaire for £25 at CCC in Sheffield. Just the basic one with the flat top.

Mike

Beauclaire for £25 at CCC in Sheffield.   Just the basic one with the flat top.

Mike

10660[/snapback]

Thanks i pass that way some times whilst working so i'll try and get in .

I like the Cadac as it is very easy to assemble/dismantle and keep clean.

john1215

10723[/snapback]

We have had a few Cadac Skottels over the last 20 years or so and if you are refering to the skottel, we only use our Cadac for making breakfast or doing a stir fry.

Try cooking the bacon on the sides and sausages in the middle. , then when they are finished you cook the eggs in the fat and you will have the best tasting eggs you have ever had. You can also add a few flavours if you want something different especially if doing scrambled eggs. There is no ways we would use it to cook chops, steak or similar on it as a Cadac does not do them justice! :)