Batteries Not Included?

suziain

Hi all

Just want to ask, on reading some of the previous posts with regard to batteries i am unsure as to whether a battery comes as part of the package on a new van. I'd imagine it should but am not sure.

Cheers

Iain

Iain

Batteries do not usually come as part of the new van package. However, it is worth trying to twist the arm of the Dealer to throw one in.

Normally you can get some goodies from his profit margin(I got spare wheel and

discount on initial purhase of items from the Dealers Shop.

Give it a try, nothing to lose.

JONO

Hi Suzain,

Not only do you not get a battery, but you don't get an aquaroll, waste water container, gas bottles, wheel clamps, hitch lock, etc. When buying new, most dealers will offers these as a package which should be cheaper than buying individually.

On the Pageant range the spare wheel is included in the caravan price togther with an underslung holder.

Brian

Hi Suzain,

Not only do you not get a battery, but you don't get an aquaroll, waste water container, gas bottles, wheel clamps, hitch lock, etc. When buying new, most dealers will offers these as a package which should be cheaper than buying individually.

On the Pageant range the spare wheel is included in the caravan price togther with an underslung holder.

Brian

9635[/snapback]

Lots of dealers will offer a package of items - my first caravan came with mirrors, aquaroll, waste container, hitchlock, one gas bottle - but they were not the quality ones - and I ended up buying new ones anyway within a few months!!

I have always had spare wheel included with my caravans!!

Margaret

Margaret

I don't do technical !!!

Just me and my showdogs!!

Guest john1215

I think spare wheels on new vans are becoming much more common these days and are included in the price - I must say, it's about time, at least it's not one of those diabolical space savers that you find so much in many cars!!

john1215

Wouldnt it also be a good idea if Manufacturers included a jack if they fit a spare wheel?????

Wouldnt it also be a good idea if Manufacturers included a jack if they fit a spare wheel?????

9879[/snapback]

I was thinking that too, but then I discovered that the bottle jack from my Land Rover Discovery is perfect to go under the axle of my caravan (in fact any Alko chassis van) - problem sorted and I only need carry the one jack!

It must be because we live in Northern Ireland and we have a lack of competition,but the best i could get out of my dealer was a new Aquaroll. I took the battery from the old van being traded in. ..and put it into the new van.

You would think that when spending £11500 + that a battery would be included in new vans. ..It does seem a bit daft. :)

It must be because we live in Northern Ireland and we have a lack of competition,but the best i could get out of my dealer was a new Aquaroll. I took the battery from the old van being traded in. ..and put it into the new van.

You would think that when spending £11500 + that a battery would be included in new vans. ..It does seem a bit daft. :)

9911[/snapback]

Looks like thats all i'll get also Bob. :(:( By the way any good sites around new to caravaning but have been to Cranfield, kilbroney park and gossford park so far.

Hi Iain I guess you are also living in Northern Ireland. Where abouts are you??

We have been to some really great local sites over the past two years. I would give Drumaheglis a go if you can get booked in some time this year. We have stayed a few times in it and found it to be the best so far.

Carnfunnock is a nice site too, even more so if you have children.

I also take it that you are dealing with our local Bailey Dealer for your new van.

I have been quite pleased with all that has been done by them for me. So you should be ok. If you want more info on the sites we have been to then send me a PM and i will be glad to talk to you.

Regards Bob :):)

When you buy a new car it's ready to drive away.

Why do we, the customers, put up with this pathetic level of service from caravan manufacturers / dealers; and keep buying a product which needs a significant expense on essential items?