Bradcot Awning

Guest Coachman

Guest Coachman

Last year I Bought a Bradcot Awning from the NEC. Has anyone had trouble with the zips . I find them hard to put together and the zip very tight. in fact I have had to send mine back for repair already. !!!!

Guest john1215

Coachman,

It's a fact that new zips do tend to be very tight, we had the same problem with our Bradcot and we lucky not to cause damage as you have unfortunately done. You can "lubricate" the zips by spraying them carefully with dashboard spray polish that contains silicone, we have done this and it does help, you can lubricate the awning channel in the same manner. My big problem with awnings, even though I have large hands, is holding all of the zip ends together to start the zip off.

john1215

Last year I Bought a Bradcot Awning from the NEC. Has anyone had trouble with the zips . I find them hard to put together and the zip very tight. in fact I have had to send mine back for repair already. !!!!

9366[/snapback]

And I thought it was just us! Whew. We carry a tin of aerosol furniture polish in the van all the time. You never know when you are going to need it. We collect our new Dorema Madison awning next week so we will have all the fun and games of erecting it for the first time. Uour last one we had it down to a fine art and could have it up in less than 30 minutes. Takes me longer to erect the porch awning! :(

Guest Coachman
And I thought it was just us!  Whew.   We carry a tin of aerosol furniture polish in the van all the time.   You never know when you are going to need it.   We collect our new Dorema Madison awning next week so we will have all the fun and games of erecting it for the first time.   Uour last one we had it down to a fine art and could have it up in less than 30 minutes.   Takes me longer to erect the porch awning!  :(

9374[/snapback]

Thanks Both for your help and advice.

Archived