Lock For Windows

NEEDY

We have 2 young kids and my wife is paranoid about one of the kids opening the window and climbing out at night (we have fixed side bunks with windows) is the something we can buy or have anyone got any ideas to stop them opening them.

Cheers

we were all kids once :)

We have 2 young kids and my wife is paranoid about one of the kids opening the window and climbing out at night (we have fixed side bunks with windows) is the something we can buy or have anyone got any ideas to stop them opening them.

Cheers

9286[/snapback]

Have you checked with your local dealer to see if there are some kind of lockable catches you can have fitted ??

Margaret

Margaret

I don't do technical !!!

Just me and my showdogs!!

Not got this problem any more, kids too old! However, rather than try to lock the windows, what about fixing a grill over them? This would then allow the windows to be left partially open when it is hot, stop them getting out and, more importantly stop anyone getting in!

Not being that au fait with caravan construction maybe these could be screwed into the window frame and be made so that they can be detached when not reqired.

May not be of any help but it is a thought!

Roger

Not got this problem any more, kids too old! However, rather than try to lock the windows, what about fixing a grill over them? This would then allow the windows to be left partially open when it is hot, stop them getting out and, more importantly stop anyone getting in!

Not being that au fait with caravan construction maybe these could be screwed into the window frame and be made so that they can be detached when not reqired.

May not be of any help but it is a thought!

Roger

9794[/snapback]

Could block the olny fire exit in an extreme case?Not a good thought but one to think about.

Chris L

Guest john1215

Another possible option would be to use either peg board or plywood with similar holes, velcroed over the windows, again not ideal but perhaps easier to remove in case of fire. This is a difficult one as I don't recall ever seeing any caravan window locks. Our kids have come through this stage without problem but I never gave it a second thought. They have played around the windows but they were told not to,and have done as they were told, luckily.

john1215

Cheers guys some good sugestions.

The windows i am talking about are the small windows next to the fixed bunk beds we have visions of the kids messing around at night with them trying to get out (its a long drop)

And for you people thinking (well they must here them at night) we sleep in the annex in the awning and after a few ciders and a bottle or two of wine we dont here anything. ......dont tell me your all tea total

As far as it being a fire hazard. ...never thought of it like that.

I will let you all know how i get on to solve this problem i have.

Cheers

9286[/snapback]

Hi

another option is to fit a small alarm the type used for sheds . the contact could be siliconed to the window frame and the window, easy to remove at a later date . look in argos cat or home base / B& q ( you could change the bell / siren and fit a small low volt light this will alert you without upsetting other caravaners)

Dave