Memory Foam

PeteS

Hi all

Thinking of trying this memory foam matress stuff. Although we have just bought a brand new van so the cushions should be ok.

Wife has a bad back and troble sleeping.

Anybody use this foam and what do you think to it?

I have found 2 suppliers who can supply in 1 or 2 inch thicknesess, is it better to get the thicker version?

Many thanks

Pete

My wife also has a very bad back and bought a memory foam overlay. She would not now do without it. Before she had to use an inflatable matress.

She has the one on the attached link. Not cheap but works and rolls up conveniently for use in the caravan. Only addion was that we bought a bag to keep it clean.

http://www. raskelf. com/portable_use. htm

Good luck

Roger

I also have a memory foam mattress I find I can sleep almost through the night now. It cuts down on pressure points which cause all of us to turn over in bed, if you have a back problem this is one of things that disturbs you, trying to turn over. I would recommend them to anyone with a bad back.

[ won a single memory foam mattress in a caravan competition.

My daughter has a really bad back so I gave it her to try while they were away with their children in our van last summer.

She found it very useful indeed on holiday, had no trouble at all with the lumps and bumps of all the different cushions on the bed.

She then took it home and tried it on her side of the bed. (Her back condition is very painful)

Haven't seen it since, but she swears by it!!!

Back to the original question toppers come in two thicknesses 1 or 2 inches presumably the 2 inch is better but it is more costly. Is the 1 inch sufficient to have a positive effect

Thanks

Back to the original question toppers come in two thicknesses 1 or 2 inches presumably the 2 inch is better but it is more costly.   Is the 1 inch sufficient to have a positive effect

Thanks

10663[/snapback]

The matress we won was the 1" thick, portable type for caravans that rolls up, and my daughter says it is excellent for her back. It is made by Raskelf.

We haven't tried the 2" so couldn't really compare them.

Hope this helps

Has anyone ever tried a Duck feather and Down Mattress Topper similar to the one in the link below

http://www. certifiedsecure. net/csp/easy/ti. ..=Bathroom&sel=0

How would this compare with the memory foam?

Could the same effect be created by using a duvet?

Brian

Hi mr Brian

We have tried one. They are very comfortable. If you try it with a normal duvet they do not seem to work but a topper has boxed sides and holds the feathers better (well I know what I mean). To top it (forgive the pun) is memory foam mattress or memory foam toppers. Had one of these (full mattress) at home - brilliant.

Pete

Volvo

We have a truesleeper mattress at home, bought it off of sky TV, expensive but brilliant its worth getting the thicker ones.

We have also have them in the caravan @ 1 1/2", but they still good.

Paul

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

Thank you all for your comments which all seem to be favourable.

Have hust ordered the 2" as a single for the van, which Er indoors can try at home as well.

Many thanks

Pete

10937[/snapback]

Hi Pete S

I was thinking along the same lines

let us know how you get on. .

I was waiting for them to come on QVC again they have had 2 different types

of memory foam sold out within minutes

TommyG

Hi Pete S

I was thinking along the same lines

let us know how you get on. .

I was waiting for them to come on QVC again they have had 2 different types

of memory foam  sold out within minutes

TommyG

11304[/snapback]

TommyG

Will do was quoted upto 21 days for delivery, but let you know what she who must be obeyed thinks of it.

Pete

Seen an advert in Sat Daily Mail for memory foam mattress toppers at prices which seem quite reasonable.

Single £39. 99

Double £59. 99

P&P £3. 25

From a company called RMC in Liverpool.

Does not say what thickness they are though, but they come with a quilted cover.

Has anybody ever dealt with RMC or know any more about this offer.

Brian