Towcar Of Choice For Bailey Vans

retired_brian

Is the Ford Galaxy (and VW Sharan/ Seat Alhambra) rapidly becoming the towcar of choice for owners of Bailey Caravans?

It seem many posts on the Bailey forum are from readers with this towcar.

I admit I think this is a great vehicle to tow most vans. We Bailey owners could be starting a trend.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the Ford Galaxy (and VW Sharan/ Seat Alhambra) rapidly becoming the towcar of choice for owners of Bailey Caravans?

It seem many posts on the Bailey forum are from readers with this towcar.

I admit I think this is a great vehicle to tow most vans. We Bailey owners could be starting a trend.

8963[/snapback]

Our second car is a V6 Ghia X Auto Galaxy but she's not really heavy enough for our Carolina (although power and torque wise she's plenty strong enough). We used the Galaxy to pull my parents Swift Corniche before we got our own van. Towed a dream.

Si.

The VW (VAG) Diesel Engine Makes for a super Tow Vehicle in the VW/SEAT range . In particular the 130PD TDI has both performance and economy.

I have the Passat version pulling a 2004 Bailey Ranger 470/4 and hardly realize the van is on the back.

JONO

The VW (VAG) Diesel Engine Makes for a super Tow Vehicle in the VW/SEAT range . In particular the 130PD TDI has both performance and economy.

I have the Passat version pulling a 2004 Bailey Ranger 470/4 and hardly realize the van is on the back.

JONO

9323[/snapback]

The 150 PS VAG diesel is just making its way into the Galaxy now - promises to be even better than the 130 PS Pumpe Duese was.

Mind you the next (all new Ford only) Galaxy due out 2006 promises to be even better.

Si.

Hi hope to be useing a New Octavia 2. 0 Tdi Pd (140 Bhp) to tow for Easter.

Mike

Now don't go calling me a traveller, but I use my business van ( Mercedes sprinter 316CDI) to tow my new Bailey Carolina which was picked up yesterday, and were really looking forward to going away in it to Morton in the Marsh for the weekend in 2 weeks time for our first outing.

Mark :)

Haven't got the van yet - being delivered in May but already changed the car to a VW Passat Estate 1. 9 TDI PD 115 - Have been told it will be man enough for the job of pulling our new Bailey Provence - I certainly hope so :unsure:

We bought a 2004 Ranger 550/6 and tow with a Sharan 115 TDi without any probs although a little greedy on fuel

We are new to caravanning but have been the full length of britian and also 2 weeks in france last year.

Going for a long weekend in scotland if I can find a site? :D

Now don't go calling me a traveller, but I use my business van ( Mercedes sprinter 316CDI) to tow my new Bailey Carolina which was picked up yesterday, and were really looking forward to going away in it to Morton in the Marsh for the weekend in 2 weeks time for our first outing.

Mark :)

9420[/snapback]

Well, its a small world because we'll be at Moreton on Marsh for the long weekend of 19 Feb, furthermore, we'll be like you and towing with a LWB panel van (which I uuse for work) oh, yes nearly forgot, we've got a Bailey as well :lol:

That said, I want to get rid of the tow van and buy an estate or 4x4 because the van will only take 3 people and we are 4. It was great to start with as got us on the road for no extra cost so to speak, but my wife coming sepreately in the car has become a pain. We want to go to France as well and two vehicles on a ferry is a definate no no. Besides which, once on a caravan site, having a van means thats the means of transport for the duration of a stay and I'm in it enough for work let alone hols as well ;)

Hi Its great to here the Vw is up in among the top cars. It Does my heart good and also my bank balance because I work for a Vw retailer in Belfast.

My company car is a Passat and lucky for me i have no problem getting a tow bar and twin electrics in the package. ..Happy Days three Cheers for Vw!!!!!! :):):)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I have just taken delivery of a vauxhall signum (whats that i hear you ask!!??) . ..well its a big hatchback, looks nice. ..ish and weighs 1550 kgs with the new cdti 150hp diesel so i am hoping it will pull my auvergne like a dream.

Anyone else towed with a signum ??

maxii

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Vendee plus Passat 130TDI (2003).

Hills what hills!

Apart from the smelly clutch when reversing (Maybe should switch off ESP?) excellent. 2500 miles last year.

51mpg when solo and 25to 30 when towing a Vendee (1319kg). Usually with four bikes on the car roof!

Been to Spain and back.

Regards

Trident

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

This is my first post so I hope it goes OK.

We are currently looking at buying a new Bailey Pageant Auvergne (1396 kg), I am planning to tow this with a Ford Mondeo Estate tdci 130 (1569 kg). If anyone has the same outfit I would appreciate some feedback on how this will perform and any particular problems with this model of Bailey caravan.

Lloyd

Hi all,

This is my first post so I hope it goes OK.

We are currently looking at buying a new Bailey Pageant Auvergne (1396 kg), I am planning to tow this with a Ford Mondeo Estate tdci 130 (1569 kg). If anyone has the same outfit I would appreciate some feedback on how this will perform and any particular problems with this model of Bailey caravan.

Lloyd

20050[/snapback]

Hi

I all so have a mondeo 130 Tdci hatch, i towed my new Bailey Moselle at easter for the first time, 1337kg. And it went like a dream, had to keep looking at the speedo, due to make sure that i kept with in the speed limit. also had two bicycles on the roof,The outfit is very good, didn't have any drag from any large vechiels. As to the Bailey caravan very good value for money, but still haven't found out what to do with all the cushins when making the beds

Hi

Just come back from a 150 mile trip towing with the Signum for the first time.

Pulled the Auvergne with relative ease. Set the cruise and ran in 6th until the odd hill needed 5th.

stats while towing :-

CDTI 150 hp

0 to 60 - 18. 4 secs :huh:

mpg 30. 6

train weight - 3165kg

marks out of 10 . .......... 9

maxii

Mondeo Est 130ps Tdci and 05 Bailey provence, at about 91%. Only towed the van once. ( very strange) !!!!!!!!

bailey ranger 500/5 with a freelander td4, no problems, dont know the caravans being towed, go whizzing!!!!!

20271[/snapback]

At the moment a volvo 850 GLT 2. 5 10v auto tows like a dream, allthought a bit juicy . towing a new vendee, picking up a 2003 Freelander Kalahari TD4 next week (manual) which will be re-mapped soon after to 145bhp .

will miss my auto volvo tho .

Anyone wanna buy a volvo ?