Help. Re Serviced Pitches

tc1

:blink:

hi, am new to caravanning and i need some help. we are going to a fully serviced pitch at easter which has water and drainage. can you tell me do we require anything to be able to use or connect to the drainage??how does it work??

thanks

tracy B)

Hi Tracy

The only thing you might need is a longer length of waste pipe depending on where your outlets are and where the drain is, we used a serves pitch in paington last year I had to go and buy a 2meter length of waste pipe to reach the drain point from our waste outlets.

Its allot easer for filling water up though or if you are really posh you can and have a 40lt aquarole they do a auto fill up system for about £30-£40 pounds I think.

Jon

We were on a serviced pitch at Chatsworth last year (going back for more of the same at Easter) and we too needed longer lengths of hose. We invested in one of the gadgets that go in the Aquaroll but it didn't work, and actually we found it just as easy to just turn the tap on and fill it up (with a longer length of hose of course) when it was needed. It's brilliant not having to trundle off with the waste water and the loo cassette. I must admit, I like all the mod cons!

Where are you going?

Fiona

We have a couple of 2 m lengths of waste pipe that can connect together to connect the caravan waste outlet to the waste drain on the service pitch.

For fresh water we have a ball cock valve that fits into the aqua roll and a water pipe to connect to the tap which is always turned on. The aqua roll is kept half full all the time. Serviced pitches are great no need to fill up or empty the waste water. very handy if everyone uses the caravan shower etc.

Pete.

. ....  It's brilliant not having to trundle off with the waste water and the loo cassette. ...

Whoa!

Cassette loo?

I've been to a fully serviced pitch before but I still had had to empty the cassette in a proper disposal point.

As stated previously, get some extra long waste pipe. The ballcock device for the aquaroll is brilliant. Even better if they have their own elsan point too (Some do you know) You'll also probably get a TV point on the bollard too !

Not been on one with its own elsan point now that is posh.

Best bet is to find a serves pitch and park next to it as some people did last year with a hobby then proceeded to ask the person next to us if he could fill his onboard water tank from there tap not sure what he would off done if now one would have let him as the standard tap was allot further away.

Jon

:D

:lol:

thanks everyone for replying and helping a new comer. .what is an elsan though???/ :blink:

as far as i know the pitch has water drainage and tv aerial point and were away to brighouse bay near the borders. .cant wait. ..am trying to get hold of a bigger aquaroll though and the water mains adaptor as the one we got only has the one hole and 29l. will need the 40l i think. .

B)

tracy

I have even been on Fully services pithches (abroad mind you) where each pitch had its own 'toilet block' (What you might call an outside loo).

In UK I have never seen one with a chemical loo disposal point.

Abroad it is often difficult to find pitches or elsewhere on site to properly dispose of waste(grey) water and this often ends in the nearest hedge.

I would like to know if there is a web site that lists caravan sites that have super pitches. At the moment I have to trawl through dozens of sites before finding one with a super pitch and there are variatons of super pitches from those just have a water point and waste disposal to those having water point, TV hook up, waste disposal, elsan point and in addition washing machine, tumble dryer and your own washing up point in a small building attached to the pitch. Now that is really posh and I could go for that. No council tax! :D

Archived