Swift Charisma 560 Mgw

youngjimmy22

Hi Jimmy,

According to:-

http://www. eclipse. co. uk/samwise/frameset. htm

2001 Swift Charisma 560 MTPLM is 1375kgs

2004 Swift Charisma 560 MTPLM is 1340kgs

2005 Swift Charisma 560 MTPLM is 1389kgs(Swifts website)

There is not much variation there. What ratio are you working to. If in doubt check with Swift:-

http://www. swiftleisure. co. uk/

Reading your other posts I think you are looking at vans which are too heavy. You have stated in the Lunar section that 85% is 1100kgs. I suggest that you have a scan through the Eclipse website above to see if there is anything that fits the 1100kgs. :)

Frank

Damn.

The mgw of my car is 1200kg absolute max. That is going over the 85% limit a little bit but my theory is not too fuly load the caravan and make the car heavier eg put awning in and wheel clamps etc.

So 2003 model will be too heavy still :-(

I really like the Charisma

Hi Jimmy,

Your best bet is to look through the site I posted,looking at weight/berths as your first criteria. Vans in the last 5 years have got much heavier. Cars have also got heavier but not heavy enough. I reckon that you need to be looking in the 90s for suitable weights. You may have to put up with flower power,or if you find a van that you like,re-cover or change the upholstery. :)

Frank

I have a 1994 van now and am trying to get a newer one as I am trying not to have a van that is more than 10 years old. I have got into a rut with my car where I have spent so much it is nearly a new car mechanicaly but worth nothing. I cant afford to buy a new car as well. Although I have a 22 year old Land Rover as well I want to tow the van with both cars (obviously not at the same time). Imagine a trip of 100 miles in an old Land Rover? See why I want to tow with both cars!

I shall look at that site soon.