Tow Bar For Skoda Octavia 2

mdk1

HI all,

Will picking up my Octavia 2 First week in March have just been told that the Skoda tow bar is not ready yet! Something to do with it's intelligant wireing, that you can't cut to add tow bar electrics into circuit. Witter list a towbar but Know fitting instructions. Has anyone any Ideas as i'm hopeing to go away for Easter!!

Mike

Hi Mike,

I could be wrong but it sounds as if the new Octavia may have a multiplexed wiring system which makes simple connection to the circuits required for a caravan a thing of the past. Basically there is one main power feed running round the car with relays for all the lights and other electrics. When you switch for instance your lights on the computer takes the signal from the switch and sends a coded pulse down a signal line which causes the lights relay to be energised and the lights come on. It's definitely a job for the experts. Try this link:-

http://www. mcjournal. com/articles/arc100/article4. htm

Frank

The new Octavia has CAN BUS. ..... and therefore requires the module to allow you to do what you want. ..... it should be the same of very similar to that used for the same opperation on Mercs, My Vito has one. .... and i theory its easier to use. ....

The bar not being ready is not a problem as in the brochure it states "The bar is NOT suitable for use with a caravan"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Octavia 4x4 Elegance TDIPD Est is one of the cars I am looking at. ...

Thanks everyone, Have been talking to my local witter fitter, can supply and fit with electric's module for £270 (twin elec)

Mike :D

Guest Hobbybod
The new Octavia has CAN BUS. ..... and therefore requires the module to allow you to do what you want. ..... it should be the same of very similar to that used for the same opperation on Mercs, My Vito has one. .... and i theory its easier to use. ....

The bar not being ready is not a problem as in the brochure it states "The bar is NOT suitable for use with a caravan"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Octavia 4x4 Elegance TDIPD Est is one of the cars I am looking at. ...

8334[/snapback]

Fudge, are you sure that the 4X4 Octavia Estate is available with the diesel PD 130bhp engine, because when I last looked it wasn't imported into the UK??

Last year I saw that the Austrian Police were using them (130bhp) a lot, but there was no Right Hand Drive version for UK; only 100bhp, I think. !!

If you want any information about towing electrics, then contact the 'man who knows', Tony Maris here.

He used to post on forums, but appears to no longer do so.

Fudge, are you sure that the 4X4 Octavia Estate is available with the diesel PD 130bhp engine, because when I last looked it wasn't imported into the UK??

Last year I saw that the Austrian Police were using them (130bhp)  a lot, but there was no Right Hand Drive version for UK; only 100bhp, I think. !!

New Octavia 4x4 comes with 1. 9 TDI 77 kW and 2. 0 FSI 110 kW only. (In conjunction with manual 6-speed gearbox). Strange policy. ...

Regards, Bert

www. whattowcar. com

Last year I saw that the Austrian Police were using them (130bhp)  a lot, but there was no Right Hand Drive version for UK; only 100bhp, I think. !!

If you want any information about towing electrics, then contact the 'man who knows', Tony Maris here.

He used to post on forums, but appears to no longer do so.

8354[/snapback]

Didnt say it was 130PS. .... tis 105PS - Octavia II

Thanks everyone, Have been talking to my local witter fitter, can supply and fit with electric's module for £270 (twin elec)

Mike :D

8353[/snapback]

Sounds expensive to me. .... My Vito has twin elecs and canbus interface £ 135 + VAT Inc fitting of supplied Mercedes-Benz genuine detachable bar. ... shop around. .. where are you from?

Hi fudge, I live in Rochester Kent, Witter towbar cheaper than Skoda When it's finnally ready. They use the same fitter who gave me the Witter price!

Mike