Window catches

I have this catch on my caravan, I've another topic Trying to identify the caravan, but unfortunately even after a history lesson no joy.

I need to replace a few of these as there either split or missing, so does anyone know of any which will fit in its place.

Thank you large.DSC_9698.JPG.fa4b3dfcd4adbd215579239433de1411.JPG

If you can’t find compatible new catches I’m sure a Caravan Breakers would be able to help. Search for them online.

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2022 Coachman Acadia GTS 565.

Common sense isn't a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.  :rolleyes:

I suspect that you need the one from Willowholt but the photo on their site is too small to  be sure. I would try one and see for what it costs and then order more if it fits.

If you are trying to identify the caravan if you post a couple of photos it should be possible for someone here to identify it.

26 minutes ago, Wildwood said:

I suspect that you need the one from Willowholt but the photo on their site is too small to  be sure.

A better image of the Willowholt item….  whether or not the window fixing holes match the existing… ?  The actual catch part looks to be a pretty good match.

large.1374F6DE-8712-466F-AB98-35039808DDDF.jpeg.27e8022cae1431540935d4849957f0b1.jpeg

Depending on the pitch of the screw holes in the windows and the window mount, most vans appear to have the same pitch, unless you want to attain originality, you could possibly go over to the conventional latch / catch type .

The locking plate should be no problem, just two screws into the wooden frame, be aware there are a couple of different sizes of locking plates, large and small and they have two different sides, side A and side B ( usually stamped on the top ) to accommodate where the locking lever falls, once decided which position is needed on one lock, say A pointing to the window, care must be taken to position all the other locking plates in the same direction on that window.

The A or B position may vary on other windows, depending on manufacturing tolerances, just ensure that what ever position is used for the first test latch, all the others on that window must point the same way.

In most cases A or B is used throughout the van, but sometimes someone may have changed the latches, repaired the frame etc.

A little note of interest, the locking plate is normally mounted in the center of the frame, the A and B  positions in comparison to the center line of the frame vary as seen in the photo.

If you get them wrong for a window that say needed the  A side, the thinner one , facing into the van to shut correctly, then if the B side is fitted in error  and faces in,  it will take more effort to close the window, not a massive problem  but, depending on year and model, the mount on the window for the lever assembly  can be an external one  with the holes for the mount passing through the inner and outer panes so extra pressure here isn't a good idea and may well start stress crazing, however on many windows the  latch mount is mounted between the panes on the inner pane, the same scenario here will again lead to stress crazing forming, with the added bonus of  possibly promoting de- lamination at that  spot, which will gradually travel as time goes on.

image.png.3d9ac8764a89cb6cc9733fc4bbde2cfb.png

Common sense isn't a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.  :rolleyes: