Front window leaking

Hi, I have sprite alpine 2010, when travel in rain and arrived on site and found water on drawers behind front window, found 50% readings above window from rh side to centre going up 3 inch and when removed seal on inside at top of window found water in seal, I have sealed around awning rail and window hinge rail and removed and refitted screws with sealer, but I have found window seal has a gap about 2 ft in centre of window at top where it's not tight against window, any ideas, I have read about these caravans having  problems with the frame twisting or window bowing but nothing in detail on fault or fix, thanks

Bowed windows if occurred during first 2 years of warranties were replaced FOC by Swift we had ours done. So now it is either pay for a new one or contact a caravan breaker for a replacement non bowed one. 

Swift Archway Ruby.   Santa Fe Auto

Hi, what was the recall about frame work though? have heard of anyone modifying seal to meet window better in middle, I think my leak was from awning rail as area in caravan is wet behind it, if the seal  was leaking I thought it would drip onto cill but not sure, what did you notice with yours? Thanks

Noticed nothing with ours it was checked at second service for bowing and was replaced. Original window had a small scratch in bottom corner so know it had been changed as service sheet stated. Never had any leaks. At the time when Swift talk forum was operating it was quite common with leaks but we were lucky had none. 

Swift Archway Ruby.   Santa Fe Auto

Ok thanks for help, I might look into adding a rubber strip to fill gap, everytime we go away we come back with another fault, getting fed up with money being spent on it and time always repairing it, thanks 👍

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same problem with my centre window. Bowed slightly at the top, window wasn’t making contact with the seal.

I purchased some of this which I stuck to the window and bridged the gap nicely, 

FDB0C99C-A3E4-4B17-9376-F685358D626F.png.dba88360c639ac7e0aadb0b5637df9b2.png