Seattle Control Panel

The Coachman Owners Manual describes some useful features on the Seattle Control Panel such as Leisure Current, Mains Load, Solar Current etc however it would appear that these aren’t actually available?

I think it says somewhere that these features are model specific, so which model Coachman can access all of the features?

If I am correct then, apart from a couple of minor advisory notices the Seattle Panel on my VIP 575 is basically an on off switch for the pump and awning light?

Similar experience here with the Seattle Control Panel fitted to our brand new Coachman Laser. 
Studied the online owners manual before taking delivery but none of the described extra features of the panel are available. 

:Plus1:

Agreed - in fact a number of the "features" are for motorhomes as there are separate checks on vehicle battery voltage as well as leisure battery voltage, water level and waste level etc.

38 minutes ago, DerbyClubman said:

:Plus1:

Agreed - in fact a number of the "features" are for motorhomes as there are separate checks on vehicle battery voltage as well as leisure battery voltage, water level and waste level etc.

That’s what I figured, but there’s no reason why we couldn’t have things like the Mains Load and Solar Panel features?

Are the hidden options simply not available for caravans or do the factory/dealers ‘disable’ them?

1 minute ago, Baker69 said:

That’s what I figured, but there’s no reason why we couldn’t have things like the Mains Load and Solar Panel features?

Are the hidden options simply not available for caravans or do the factory/dealers ‘disable’ them?

I'm guessing it all comes down to what panel features the designer chooses to exploit rather than built in but either not enabled or subsequently disabled.  A few pennies shaved off the cost of wiring and electronics  on every caravan…

These things (and more) were all available on the Swift Command system with its iPad style control panel on my Swift Challenger caravan. 

With Swift dropping the touch-screen control panels across most of their model range (chip shortage?) I believe that the older style push button panels now being fitted also have a range of information, indication and warning features over and above the the very basic Vegas panel in my current caravan.

Our old van (Swift Sprite) had the control panel you refer to and it was very good, our favourite feature was the dimmable lighting! Again it has the features that are missing on the Coachman Seattle panel.

When we bought our Swift a couple of years ago we were informed by the dealer that the command system panel was being withdrawn due to problems that people have had with them and would be replaced by a much simpler panel.

With Coachman arguably being ‘high end’ spec caravans you would have thought they would have implemented top spec state of the art systems? Even the power supply unit is a straightforward domestic type arrangement. I suppose they chosen reliability rather than gadgetry?

I think the ALDE heating system has an app to control it (if you have paid for the optional ‘Inet’ module from Coachman), apart from that it is a fairly basic operating system.

4 minutes ago, Baker69 said:

When we bought our Swift a couple of years ago we were informed by the dealer that the command system panel was being withdrawn due to problems that people have had with them and would be replaced by a much simpler panel.

It is still being fitted in the higher end MY 2022 Swift Conquerer and Elegance models and I understand the change in the Sprite / Challenger models was driven more by chip shortages than panel problems…

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/05/2022 at 10:52, Baker69 said:

Our old van (Swift Sprite) had the control panel you refer to and it was very good, our favourite feature was the dimmable lighting! Again it has the features that are missing on the Coachman Seattle panel.

With Coachman arguably being ‘high end’ spec caravans you would have thought they would have implemented top spec state of the art systems? Even the power supply unit is a straightforward domestic type arrangement. I suppose they chosen reliability rather than gadgetry?

I think the ALDE heating system has an app to control it (if you have paid for the optional ‘Inet’ module from Coachman), apart from that it is a fairly basic operating system.

We recently discovered on our 2021 VIP 520 that if you hold your finger on the strip lights (in the on position) above the kitchen and side dinette then this dims the lights - simple and easy to do.

We like the simplicity of the Coachman control panel it does what it needs to do without over complicating things 😊

Edited by thensum
Typo

2015 Swift Challenger 530SE & 2017 VW Tiguan R-line 4Motion 2.0TDI 150BHP

Yes, the salesman demonstrated the dimmable light on the handover when we collected our van.