2021 Affinity 550

Posted (edited)

My wife and  took our 2008 Swift Challenger for its annual service at Newport Caravans this morning.  While there we had a look at their used stock, as you do.

We will be collecting this one on June 7th

2022elddisaffinity550_photo_01.jpg.bd24a79a289daaab661586e312025975.jpg

Edited by Richard080561
spelling

Ask them to double check the front window bar, they are well documented for problems 

Nice one-with a fitted mover too :-)

If you intend using abroad its relatively easy to add a PC fan to the fridge for added cooling.

Fatal looking at what is in stock. Hope all goes well though. 

We've talking about changing the van for awhile.  We had a look around about a month ago and there was nothing suitable in stock.  When we saw this one, which has the fore and aft island bed at the back that we like, we had to go for it.

We were really pleased with the deal we got on our old van.  There was little depreciation over the nine years.

Very happy 2018 550 Affinity Owner here.

550 is for us the very best current layout in a single axle Tourer in the Caravan world, not seen another layout the same so it’s a keeper.  There is no perfect van ever but this is close for us based on size & weight versus flexi layout. I am no giant at only 6ft but find the 550 has the only bed I / we can truly stretch out in whilst not restricting either of us getting up for a twilight trip to the central WC. We did a few very minor mods, coat hooks etc, but did get the Dealer to fit an external 240 socket by the wheel arch for handy awning use.

We tour around lots inc EU and also tow down to Spain for 89 days to overwinter - suits us & 2 Terriers !

As said double & triple check the front windows mounting top bar is properly sealed up and has been sorted - easily resolved prior & common hidden issue weeping away behind the panel. I would of gladly have just paid the Dealer when we bought the van new to have simply resolved it rather than await the subsequent big Warranty claim and repair works at 2 years old. 

Enjoy your 550 ! 

Thanks @montesa

The layout is very similar to our Swift Challenger that it is replacing. The Swift is 14 years old and getting a but tired.

I'll talk to the dealer about the window mounting bar