Toilet not flushing

AndieN

Hi,  just brought the caravan out for the first time in a few months and the toilet refuses t flush. It is a Thetford toilet with electric flush.  I have checked the fuse in the main fuse box and can't see any other in line fuses.

Any suggestions?

Hi. It would help if you put your car and make of caravan and year in your details. 

Some loos have a fuse in the lower cassette area on a little printed circuit board. Purple 3A fuse towards the rear. 

What make and model of loo? 

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Thetford toilet flush pumps often 'stick' after a period of dry inactivity. All it takes is a twizzle of the pump's central spindle to get it working again. Access to the pump depends on the model toilet involved and there are lots of Youtube videos showing how. 

I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon

but to settle down and write you a line.

20 hours ago, AndieN said:

Hi,  just brought the caravan out for the first time in a few months and the toilet refuses t flush. It is a Thetford toilet with electric flush.  I have checked the fuse in the main fuse box and can't see any other in line fuses.

Any suggestions?

Model of toilet is important to guid you further 

Random bloke on internet forum 🙄

I am happy to explain it to you…. but I am unable to understand it for you 🥴

15 hours ago, Mutley said:

Model of toilet is important to guid you further 

Assuming original fitment, it will be a Thetford C260 series.

1. No fuse in the cassette compartment 
  2. Pump is extracted through the top of the flush tank having removed the flush button sticker and underlying control/flush button  PCB
  3. The Control/flush button PCBs mounted directly above the open topped flush tanks are known to be susceptible to the damp atmosphere in which they live.

The C260 series has what Thetford describe as a self resetting fuse but it  will additionally be fused through one of the caravan’s 12v fuseways - often shared with the main water pump.

Generally, if the washroom light dims when the flush button is pressed, the pump impeller is stuck.  No dimming indicates an electrically failed pump or a failed flush button PCB

This post is not intended to suggest you are pedantic or that you shouldn't ever post again.  It is not retaliatory in its intent and I apologise for any offence it may give rise to.

• 2 weeks later...

Had the same problem 

it was the impeller stuck it had scale on it just cleaned it up still working ok

13 minutes ago, Alfie T said:

Had the same problem 

it was the impeller stuck it had scale on it just cleaned it up still working ok

:Plus1:

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450

The other problem is corrosion of the connections / push button contacts due as said to the damp conditions. Daft design if you ask me.

Ian.
2013 Freelander 2 SD4 Auto / 2005 Bailey Pageant Vendée; 1952 Norton ES2, 1986 Honda XBR500

I notice on a number of recent model caravans the blue flush button is fitted in cabinetry some distance from the toilet and the cabinet behind which contains the water tank. Presumably this is an attempt to remove the susceptible bits from the damp atmosphere atop the tank.

I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon

but to settle down and write you a line.

Yes, I've considered making something like that but other projects always seem to take priority.....

Ian.
2013 Freelander 2 SD4 Auto / 2005 Bailey Pageant Vendée; 1952 Norton ES2, 1986 Honda XBR500