Which is better, Camping and Caravanning Club or Caravan and Motorhome Club?

smd

2 hours ago, GaryB1969 said:

The C&CC do like to pre-allocate pitches, BUT they are flexible and (for us) have directed us to an area with vacant pitches and asked us to choose one.

They have to manage pitch allocation more closely than the CMC because of the need to accommodate tents. For example, you can pitch a caravan or MH over a worn grass pitch to hide the damage but it wouldn't be very nice for a tent.

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450

• 3 months later...

I rarely caravan in the UK so the sites dont interest me but do use the occasional CMC site en-route to and from the docks. even though I regard them as overpriced and over rated its been easy to book on line. I have been a member of the CMC for many years to use their insurance and ferry booking services.  I did join the C&CC in order to use their foreign touring insurance as it was more generous and cheaper that Red Pennant however when Covid struck the C&CC panicked and sacked the foreign touring staff. Since they now have nothing I want  I cancelled.

David

Various vans 78-2019,  currently  Hobby Excellent 540 FU and Mercedes E220 CDI Estate

www. caravan-europe. co. uk

Our C&CC membership lapsed while we were away.  I only joined a year ago in order to use the Salisbury site to stay to visit family during Covid who live opposite the site.

I am wondering whether or not to renew.  

The only benefit personally would be the CS sites.  We nearly always stay on CL's or commercial sites.

Are the CS sites any good?  Is there a good selection?  I guess more of them would have toilets and showers due to campers.  

We are touring Scotland in September so maybe I will re-join if there are plenty up there.  I can't login now to check!

I can't comment on the CCC, but I've been a CMC member since 1979. I very rarely use the Club sites, and find the CLs much more to our liking. There are an increasing number with facilities. 

There are other significant advantages with the CMC - for example, I have just saved more than my annual membership on a Newhaven - Dieppe booking through the club ! :)

Swift Challenger 480 Alde   Mercedes e220  AMG line Estate

I am a member of both clubs. 
My opinion is both clubs provide good sites, but I have noticed that CCC clubs have less grey and black water points than CMC sites. 
The same observation stands for rubbish disposal. 
I don’t feel I can comment on facilities, as we don’t use them. 
Price structure seems a bit of a minefield for both clubs, but CMC is a bit clearer. In my opinion, both clubs are expensive, even with “membership rates”, when compared to many commercial sites. 

A significant plus point for the CCC is that over 55s get a 20% reduction on club sites out of high season.

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450

We have used a few CS sites and the answer is there are a mixed bunch, some good and some less so, but none really bad that I know of. If you use them for touring the the saving on fees should cover the membership costs fairly quickly. 

The C&CC club sites have so many varying discounts that it is difficult to know where you ae on cost.