Spare wheel for Cristall Sprint

BobBURGESS

I need an extra spare wheel for my Sprint 390TK year2005.

The problem is that the van is stored in France and I have not seen it for nearly 2 years and don't know the specifications to buy one. I know the van needed  new tyres even before lockdown and my plan is to take an extra spare wheel with me to put two spares on the caravan (the existing spare and this extra one) and then bring the 2 running wheels back home to get new tyres put on,  They have Tyron bands fitted and the French don't seem  to be able to cope with changing these tyres.  I am hoping to get a secondhand  wheel as the only job for this wheel is to roll from the pitch to the storage barn and  then back again when I return with 2 new tyres+wheels. Then we can start touring again. Yippie.  

Can anyone give me specs, sufficient to confidently purchase the  correct wheel+tyre? ie.  Size of tyre, stud numbers and radius of the holes etc. 

If you do not get the spec before you go to France I would take 1 or 2 cheap winter wheel stands or axle stands instead. When you put the van back into the barn remove the wheels, fit the stand(s) and bring the 2 wheels / tyres back to UK for new tyres.

Frank

2016 Volvo XC60 D5 (220) AWD,   2019 Swift Celeste 565SE

17 hours ago, BobBURGESS said:

I need an extra spare wheel for my Sprint 390TK year2005.

The problem is that the van is stored in France and I have not seen it for nearly 2 years and don't know the specifications to buy one. I know the van needed  new tyres even before lockdown and my plan is to take an extra spare wheel with me to put two spares on the caravan (the existing spare and this extra one) and then bring the 2 running wheels back home to get new tyres put on,  They have Tyron bands fitted and the French don't seem  to be able to cope with changing these tyres.  I am hoping to get a secondhand  wheel as the only job for this wheel is to roll from the pitch to the storage barn and  then back again when I return with 2 new tyres+wheels. Then we can start touring again. Yippie.  

Can anyone give me specs, sufficient to confidently purchase the  correct wheel+tyre? ie.  Size of tyre, stud numbers and radius of the holes etc. 

Why not get the existing tyres changed in France?  The French do use caravans and parts, including tyres, are available.  Tyre prices are not much different the UK prices and tyre retailers are easy to find or use one of the supermarket auto sections.

Edit:  If you take new tyres back to France from the UK you may be liable for French VAT and duty.

Edited by beejay

Go to France, check tyre size on caravan,   phone French mobile tyre fitter to come to caravan and fit new tyres. 

Looking at picture of caravan which I found online it looks like a 5 stud 14 inch wheel. Caravan wheels are fairly standard items & I would say it is the same 14inch 5 stud 112mm pcd wheel fitted to most caravans  both UK & continental built & can be bought from any caravan shop or second hand from a breakers.  

Tyre size might be 185 or 175X14 but if you can get a wheel with tyre from a caravan breakers then whatever size tyre it is around that size it should be ok for what you want it for.  

Edited by Camperdom