ACE 530 Space Heater

Hi, my space heater on my 2004 ACE 530 just stopped and I cant seem to see any fuse blown - any suggestions on this? Thanks. It was working fine before this and used regular.

What make  and model is the heater?

First thing is to ensure the mains is isolated and check all the cables and connections  in the back  of the heater they can come loose over time, also check the condition of the wires to it - you are looking for any damage, signs of heat damage /fraying were it goes through the bulkheads, Did you check the thermostat to heater cable ? I was cleaning round the back of mine and  the thermostat/power select cable fell out , the locking mechanism on the plug was pathetic.

after that its down to an  caravan electrician to investigate 

I agree with Ian. Apart from the basic checks suggested I would get an expert if you are not competent to repair it.  Given its age I would not discount it simply having expired.

The Ace was a Swift. The heater is the Truma gas unit with electric element and Fanmaster. The OP hasn't said what fuel source is failing to operate. The rotary switch to select 500/1000/2000 is the usual problem with the electric element. The gas heater can be a pig to start with its Pietz spark egnition.

More info from the OP is needed.

Ern

Really much appreciated and thanks for these suggestions folks - I will assess further and revert. I thought that heater was soley electric?

If you have the Truma space heater fitted to your van, then it should be thought of as 3 separate units .

The main heater is a gas fire, which is what you can see inside the van.

The second part is  the electric heater which is situated behind the gas fire.

The third part is the fan unit situated behind the electric heater.

The three are independent of each other in use, or can be used in combination if required.

The best person to help you is Gary at Arcsystems.biz:     https://www.arcsystems.biz/

Give him a ring on his mobile (have a cup of tea and a comfortable chair as Gary does like a good natter !)