The Caravan, Camping & Motorhome Show returns to the National Exhibition Centre

The Caravan, Camping & Motorhome Show announces outdoor adventurers and TV star speaker line up

for its return in February Household names including TV’s Matt Baker and Miranda Krestovnikoff will

lead talks at the event’s Inspiration Theatre

The Caravan, Camping & Motorhome Show returns to the National Exhibition Centre,
Birmingham from 22 – 27 February 2022, kicking off the year with the largest showcase of
leisure vehicles in the country. 

Along with checking out new-for-2022 caravans, motorhomes and campervans, and a huge
range of holiday homes, tents, trailer tents and camping gear, visitors can look forward to
hearing from and meeting famous faces from the world of outdoor adventure - including
Matt Baker, Matt Allwright, Andrew Ditton, James Forrest, Lizzie Carr MBE, Kat Bird,
Lizzie Daly, Martin Dorey, Miranda Krestovnikoff, Lola Culsan, John Weller, Andy
Torbet Marcus Leach and Andrew Cotton - who will be heading up the show’s all-star
speaker roster. 

Each day the Inspiration Theatre will feature talks from some of the UK’s biggest outdoor
stars, all sharing their experiences in the great outdoors and providing ideas about places to
go and activities to enjoy while out and about. From coastal walks and nature trails to paddle
boarding and kayaking destinations. Plus driving tours of Scotland, France, Spain and Italy.
BBC’s Matt Baker - who will be in attendance on Thursday 24th February – will be
showcasing how exploring the countryside has impacted his life. Martin Dorey, author of One
Man and His Campervan and the bestselling series ‘Take the Slow Road’ will be at the NEC
on Wednesday 23 rd talking about his latest travels in France, and James Forrest (aka
Mountain Man) will be at the show all week, talking about his record-breaking 500-mile Walk
of the National Three Peaks, sharing his tips for first time hikers and his favourite UK day
walks.

Rocketing ticket sales for the show demonstrates pent up demand for leisure vehicles,
holiday homes and tents. Spanning Halls 1-5 of the NEC, the show will offer everything
adventurers and holidaymakers need to enjoy touring and camping holidays. Showcasing
the UK’s biggest display of campervans, motorhomes, caravans, tents and holiday homes,
the show will feature some of the newest and coolest vehicles and kit to take outdoor trips to
the next level.

Full speaker line-up: 
Matt Baker, who was recently awarded an MBE, will take to the stage on Thursday 24th to
discuss his outside adventures and how the power and beauty of the countryside has made
him who he is. He is constantly celebrating nature and wildlife on the road and enjoys being
able to climb into a secure vehicle that is a home from home, with a changing view! Away
from the bright lights of hosting some of the nation’s favourite television and radio
programmes: Countryfile, The One Show, Open Country, Our Farm in the Dales, Blue Peter
and many more, Matt Baker is an advocate of getting out and exploring the glories of the
British countryside with family and friends. 

Presenter, diver and author Miranda Krestovnikoff, will be speaking each day of the show.
With a wide-ranging knowledge of Britain’s coastline from her many years presenting on
BBC’s “Coast" series, Miranda has an in-depth knowledge of some of the most unusual
places to escape to. She will be sharing some of her favourite coastal getaways from wild
and rugged spots ideal for watching birds and seals, to calm coastal waters ideal for paddle-
boarding and kayaking and experiencing the best of our stunning scenery.

On Wednesday 23rd February writer, campervanner and environmental activist, Martin
Dorey, will be in attendance to talk about the latest book in his 'best-selling' ‘Take the Slow
Road.’series - Take The Slow Road: France: Inspirational journeys around France by
Camper Van and Motorhome. On Friday 25th February Andy Torbet, who has presented on
20 TV Series on BBC1, BBC2, CBBC, Discovery US and The History Channel, will be at the
Inspiration Theatre to discuss his experience of extreme camping - from hammocks hanging
of high cliffs, camping in cut-off caves and snow-holing Scotland to pitching tents by calving
glaciers in Greenland and on deserted Patagonian islands in search of shipwrecks.
Journalist, blogger and Air Stream owner Andrew Ditton will be on hand from Wednesday
23rd to Saturday 26th to reveal details about touring Scotland's ‘hidden gems’, from the best
beaches to the Outer Hebrides. Lizzie Carr MBE aka ‘Britain's best known paddleboarder’
and author of Paddling Britain: 50 Best Places to Explore by SUP, Kayak & Canoe, will
share her experiences and recommendations on some of the UK’s most stunning waterways
over the weekend.

Joining this outstanding line-up from Tuesday 22nd is Lizzie Daly, a Welsh wildlife biologist,
broadcaster, filmmaker and conservationist. Lizzie has worked as a presenter on, Animal
Planet and has been a regular host on the BBC Earth Unplugged YouTube channel. Lizzie
will be talking about her love of the Welsh countryside and the best places to go wildlife
spotting. Additionally, James Forrest, aka ‘Mountain Main’, will be at the show all week,
talking about his recent record-breaking hike between Ben Nevis, Scafell Pike and Snowdon
as well as sharing his favourite day walks and hiking tips. James is an author, adventurer
and one of the UK's most prolific hikers.

Campervan adventurers, wild swimmers and travel writers Lola Culsan and John Weller
will be at the show Thursday 24 th and Friday 25 th to share their adventures touring Spain’s
Hidden Coast and offer practical advice on how to circumnavigate the Iberian Peninsula in a
campervan or motorhome. They’ll also be offering 20% off the RRP of their latest book
Hidden Beaches Spain as well as Wild Swimming Spain
Kat Bird has been travelling Europe since 2018 sharing her motorhome adventures as she
goes - via her popular blog Wandering Bird. Each day of the show, Kat will be taking visitors
on a journey through the Dolomites of Italy, sharing tips on where to go and stay in the
beautiful region. Avid motorhome enthusiast, Matt Allwright, the face of BBC's Rogue
Traders will also be on hand on Tuesday 22nd to discuss his own camping and caravanning
experiences. On the final day of the show, Andrew Cotton, a professional big wave surfer
will be on stage talking about his tireless quest to surf the biggest wave ever in the
Portuguese coastal town of Nazare.

As well as being inspired about places to go and activities to enjoy while on their camping,
caravanning or motorhome adventures, visitors will be able to try free activities at the show
for themselves. Activities include, stand up paddle boarding and kayaking on a custom build
indoor pool – all under the expert supervision of Canoe Trai - climbing and bouldering.

Those new to the campervan, motorhome and caravan holidays can get free advice on how
to get started from the Camping and Caravanning Club and the Caravan and Motorhome
Club who’ll also be running free caravan towing courses, motorhome manoeuvring lessons
and campervan test drives for visitors (over 25 with a driver’s licence) throughout the week.
Tickets are priced £10 when booked online before midnight 21 st February after which the
price reverts to £13. Children under 15 years visit for free but require a ticket to attend. A
£1.25 transaction fee applies. Tickets are limited and are only available to buy online - not on
the door.

Those keen to stay abreast of all the latest news and updates from the Show should follow
@NECCaravanShows across Facebook and Instagram and @CaravanCampShow on
Twitter.
Inspiration Theatre Speaker Lineup
● Matt Baker - Thursday 24th February
● Martin Dorey - Wednesday 23rd February
● Matt Allwright - Tuesday 22nd February
● Andrew Ditton - Wednesday 23rd - Saturday 26th February
● James Forrest - Tuesday 22nd - Sunday 27th February
● Lola Culsan & John Weller – Thursday 24 th and Friday 25 th February
● Andy Torbet – Friday 25 th February
● Lizzie Carr - Saturday 26th - Sunday 27th February
● Kat Bird - Tuesday 22nd - Sunday 27th February
● Lizzie Daly - Tuesday 22nd - Sunday 27th February
● Miranda Krestovnikoff - Tuesday 22nd - Sunday 27th February
● Marcus Leach – Tuesday 22 nd – Wednesday 23 rd February
● Andrew Cotton - Sunday 27th February
ENDS
For more information please contact:
Corinna Ingram, corinna@weareplaster.com / 07734 114031
Kellie Hasbury, kellie@weareplaster.com / 07932 067283
Vicki Cheadle, vicki@weareplaster.com / 0117 9530 320
Notes: 
Visitors can step inside and compare new for 2022 caravans, campervans, motorhomes and
holiday homes/lodges from leading UK and European manufacturers and dealers all under
one roof.

The Caravan, Camping & Motorhome Show is supported by the Caravan & Motorhome Club
and the Camping & Caravanning Club, as well as major UK and European leisure vehicle
manufacturers and brands including Adria, Auto-Sleepers, Auto-Trail, Bailey, Carthago,
Chausson, Coachman, Elddis, Erwin Hymer Group UK, Rapido, Rimor, Roller Team and
more.

If you are looking to buy I am not sure what you will find. Swift have dropped out although there will be some of their models on dealers stands. The problem for me is that most 2022 models are sold out now so I am not sure what these firms will have to sell. My feeling is that this is why Swift dropped out as there is little point in paying for a large stand when you have very little to sell. 

I was surprised when Swift Dropped out, although such events take a lot of planning and costs that may have had to be written off in the event of the government intervention and cancellation of the show.  I do understand that Bailey have revamped Alecanto on show and other ranges changes but what delivery will be is anybodies guess with the current supply chain problems.  I have a feeling that the footfall, whilst not as high as previous years will be higher than many think.  Just my opinion but the public have been starved of shows now for so long they will just want a day out.  NB note to self do not let SWMBO near the new Alecanto on her own.

Kia KX 3 auto / Bailey Alicanto Grande Estoril and Swift Challenger 570 (2010 model Not towed - used as a static)

47 minutes ago, Alan Stanley said:

the public have been starved of shows now for so long they will just want a day out.  

That's why we will be going as although we have no intention of changing our van and we have all the accessories we need, it's less than an hour away with free parking and discounted tickets from both CCC and CMC.

An article in Practical Caravan have reported that the show's organisers had said that demand for tickets was high and 26,000 advance tickets had been sold, which is higher demand than they have seen in previous years at this time. Sounds like it could be busy.

Alec

Car & Caravan

Hope so.  We are manning the Bailey Owners Club stand (with other members).  The busier the better.

Kia KX 3 auto / Bailey Alicanto Grande Estoril and Swift Challenger 570 (2010 model Not towed - used as a static)

4 hours ago, Alan Stanley said:

.  I do understand that Bailey have revamped Alecanto on show and other ranges changes but what delivery will be is anybodies guess with the current supply chain problems.  

I was driving up the M5 yesterday lunchtime near to Weston Super Mud and there were a couple of transporters heading south loaded up with new Bailey caravans, so some are being delivered. Not sure what models they were  other than one was a Discovery

2 hours ago, MacSpot said:

An article in Practical Caravan have reported that the show's organisers had said that demand for tickets was high and 26,000 advance tickets had been sold, 

All those unmasked potential plague carriers!! 

Edited by Mr Plodd

Experience is something you acquire after you have an urgent need for it.

3 minutes ago, Mr Plodd said:

Which is why the boss and I won't be there 😷

Alec

Car & Caravan

Another who has absolutely no interest in mingling with hundreds, if not thousands of unmasked people!

Aside from that I've never known anyone who got a massive discount from purchasing at the show.

I remember going to the motorcycle show looking for a new helmet. Found what I was looking for but it was 10% dearer than my local dealers. Add in admission + travel costs and it becomes a right ripoff!!

Caravan show 3 years ago looking for an air awning! Found one we liked at what we thought was a bargain price and later found we could have got it for the same price locally thus it would again  have saved travel and admission costs.

Exhibitors pay a small fortune for their pitch and they will need to recoup those costs so don't expect miracles!

I’m looking forward to our visit. I’ve missed the shows. We already have a new Coachman on order, due Feb/March, but it doesn’t stop me wanting to see what else is out there. It’s a grand day out. If anyone else is going, we’ll be the ones wearing our masks lol. 

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2022 Coachman Acadia GTS 565.

Just now, Glen and Les said:

we’ll be the ones wearing our masks lol. 

So will we - just because some restrictions have been eased and it will no longer be mandatory to wear a face covering, we all still have a personal choice and my choice will be to wear a mask as I have been doing for almost two years whenever indoors where there are a number of other people - that is after all still the Government's recommendation but no longer the law.

1 hour ago, Mr Grumpy said:

Aside from that I've never known anyone who got a massive discount from purchasing at the show.

Three and a half years ago, I got a really good deal on an air awning, much less than I could source anywhere else (it was a new product so had to wait 6 months for delivery)    and  totally unexpectedly, I ended up with a cracking deal on a new dealer special. My local dealer told me he simply couldn’t fathom the deal I got as he couldn’t get anywhere near it!

So bargains are there, they just might not be for what you want.

Edited by Mr Plodd

Experience is something you acquire after you have an urgent need for it.

14 hours ago, Mr Plodd said:

Three and a half years ago, I got a really good deal on an air awning, much less than I could source anywhere else (it was a new product so had to wait 6 months for delivery)    and  totally unexpectedly, I ended up with a cracking deal on a new dealer special. My local dealer told me he simply couldn’t fathom the deal I got as he couldn’t get anywhere near it!

So bargains are there, they just might not be for what you want.

To be honest, in the current market, I don’t think there will be deals like this for some time. Once the COVID bubble bursts we may see them again. Of course, as you say, there will always be a particular model that’s not in demand as much as others, so deals could be struck on those, but generally I wouldn’t expect big deals at this show.

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2022 Coachman Acadia GTS 565.

We went in 2020 and what we did find were plenty of good offers on awnings, accessories, etc. With awnings in particular it is unusual to see such a variety erected and on show to compare.

I have a shopping list of at least 5 things we need for our new caravan and so if a deal is to be done then brilliant. If not, at least we'll have seen what's on offer and had a day out.

As far as infection risks are concerned, despite being doubled and boostered, we have had Alpha, Delta and Omicron (just greedy I suppose).

We should both currently be overflowing with antibodies so believe that if we are to resume some normality, now is as good a time......

On 25/01/2022 at 15:36, Mr Plodd said:

On 25/01/2022 at 17:52, Glen and Les said:

If anyone else is going, we’ll be the ones wearing our masks lol. 

On 25/01/2022 at 17:56, DerbyClubman said:

So will we - just because some restrictions have been eased and it will no longer be mandatory to wear a face covering, we all still have a personal choice and my choice will be to wear a mask as I have been doing for almost two years whenever indoors where there are a number of other people - that is after all still the Government's recommendation but no longer the law.

I hope to attend and plan to report back on the forum. As for masks - I shall certainly be hiding behind one whether mandatory or not - in addition to maintaining a decent distance from others and minimising the time inside any 'vans, it's the only safe(ish) way to proceed.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.