Hello,

We have been towing the big white box around the highlands for around 20 years. Our 2019 coachman was written off  in a fire and a replacement Bailey is due to arrive in April :unsure: so  i've had a few dealings with dealers and insurance companies lately.

looking forward to sharing some info and learning something new.

I'd better be the second then . . . Welcome to the CMT forum :)

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

And the third:welcome:

Our members could be interested if you shared your experiences in how well your ins comps y dealt with the claim. 

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

3 minutes ago, WispMan said:

And the third:welcome:

Our members could be interested if you shared your experiences in how well your ins comps y dealt with the claim. 

:goodpost:

Its always good to hear of other people’s experience with insurance/warranty/breakdown etc companies. Well I am certainly interested.

Oh and make that welcome number 4

Experience is something you acquire after you have an urgent need for it.

Thanks for the welcomes. :Thankyou:

I certainly have an experience to share regarding the insurance! Unfortunately the claim is not quite settled, not until they complete the payment to the dealer who i am buying the new caravan from.  Once this has been completed i will gladly share.  Hopefully this will be when the dealer receives the vin no from Bailey due in april so probably end of may! so far all i can say is that the insurance co have been far far easier to deal with than our home insurers. 

:welcome:from a fellow Scot.

We’ve stayed in the Dornoch / Tain area a few times (pre-caravan) and Fortrose in 2020 and 2021 with the caravan. Black Isle is a fantastic part of the country.

Towing: 2018 Swift Sprite Quattro EB

Tow Car: 2020 BMW X3 M40i

Well Dornoch is our goto site for a quick weekend away and as for Fortrose i could take the caravan down just using the mover! so not actually stayed there. Fantastic site (views over the firth/dolphins) and the locals are the best you'll get!:rolleyes:

How did you get on towing around the lockdown period? Before travel restrictions and lockdown early 2020 we got a bit of abuse on the roads maybe as my reg no is not local, there was a bit of anti tourist  feeling. something that is certainly not typical of the area. I think Covid brought out the worst in some people.

lets hope this will be the end of it and we can start roaming again.

Im gonna take a guess being a Bairn your maybe not far from the Kelpies?  We are looking at a stay at the Beecraigs site sometime as our son is in Bathgate. nice site if a little out of the way.

Dornoch Beach is fantastic especially with the dog, and the town is really nice. We’ve not been with the tourer but previously stayed at a static at the small Dornoch Firth Caravan Park a couple of times.

The site at Fortrose is great especially the seafront pitches. Although they’d crammed in too many addition tents a campers in Aug 2021 when we were there making it a bit tighter. The owners are lovely. There’s also the Rosemarkie site which we’ve never stayed at.

In Aug 2020 & Aug 2021, we weren’t away in lockdown as such but there were restrictions in place. But we had no issues at all. 
Originally from the Falkirk area yes, but not living there now.

We know Beecraigs Country Park, although not been for years. It’s a great area but not too remote for visiting other places too.

Towing: 2018 Swift Sprite Quattro EB

Tow Car: 2020 BMW X3 M40i

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Black Isler and a much belated welcome. Firstly, I sincerely hope I never have to experience the trauma of having my caravan completely written off for whatever reason. I wish you everything possible for a fresh start in your new ‘van.

My late father (James/Jimmy JACK) was born and grew up in Avoch until the start of WW2. He was, like many of the JACK Auchies, a fisherman, as was his father and grandfather before him.  

When I next get round to visiting a cousin in Inverness, I may just make my way from Helensburgh with our series 3 Cadiz to Rosemarkie. Always good to expand circle of friends.  Regards, Lewis JACK

Thanks Lewis.

Once the insurance is all sorted i will tell my tale which will hopefully be mid to late april. Traumatic  maybe but absolutely no physical harm to myself or my family, which puts caravanning into perspective.

Yes Avoch has had a fishing heritage for many years although sadly diminished to just a couple boats in recent years and they fish out of larger places like Kinlochbervie. The Avoch harbour is busy with pleasure craft nowadays! not like in your father's era  with Jacks, Reids, Patiences and Maclennans and of course the Herring Queen! Galas.

I'm sure you will enjoy your stay in Rosemarkie or Fortrose plenty to see, 

Good luck.

Edited by Black Isler