Alloy wheel profile.

Grumpy2

Anyone with a recent swift challenger able to confirm or refute the alloy wheel profile is fairly flat please?

explanation, looking to try a different wheel lock, Nemesis Ultra. Our current lock is a pain to fit as it bolts through the spokes in the allow and the van is parked on a slop so the wheel always rolls a bit even with the handbrake applied. Also it’s currently in storage 15 miles away and tucked up for winter. 

the Ultra works best if the alloy face is flat and not convex. From memory it’s flat but if anyone could confirm I’d be grateful

many thanks. 

G

Well, i have a Milenco wraith fitted to mine which is a similar lock

Thats on a 2021 Swift and i believe they all share the same wheel 

Edited by littlebasher

2021 Swift Sienna Super 4SB

Hi Grump2.

We have a twin axle Swift 650 2019, and have one each side the Milenco wraith and the Nemesis Ultra.

The Nemesis comes with two different Bolts to choice from and also packing washes. Both work well and easy to fit .

Alan.

2 hours ago, Swift 1 said:

have one each side the Milenco wraith and the Nemesis Ultra.

A word of caution - check your insurance policy as you may find that they want both locks on the same side of the caravan for a twin axle.

That was stipulated to me. If on opposite sides the locked wheels could be deflated / tyres removed and the van would move on the remaining inflated tyres.

Hi 8ftWanderer.

I did check when we changed to this model they only stipulated One wheel lock but as we already had both we decided to use them. I fit them on the the different axle to each other.

The insurance also insisted on Hitch Lock as well.

Thank you to point this out as it may well help other forum members.

Alan.

That’s brill folks. Thanks especially for the photo. Appreciated. 

A trick I have seen on a twin axle is to use one of those chunky high security motorbike  chains and locks. The (plastic coated) chain was fed through both wheels and through the chassis. Even if the wheels are removed from the axle they are still secured to the chassis so cannot be just abandoned our slung in the back of a pickup.

Yet another way of slowing down any potential thief. (The van also had proper wheel locks. Everything was on the same side of the caravan) 

The same trick could also be used on a single axle van of course, not perfect but a bit more of a deterrent. 

Experience is something you acquire after you have an urgent need for it.

Swift1

We have both AL-KO on ours and I put a Nemesis on other side but on the front axle.

Service chap moved it to the back, Because he said that they could still potentially nick it because they just need to lift the front up and not bother trying to remove while nicking it.

Made sense  when he told me.

I also like the chain idea.

Its just a thought.

Regards

David

Hi David.

Thank you for your post, I have thought to put both on the rear axle, still may do that , when be bought our challenger it did not come with the AL-KO wheel locks. As they say you can never have enough security.

Alan.