Bailey valencia heating

den123

Hi all. I have a valencia.  Will the heating work on a 5amp site thanks guys 

You would need 4.3 amps just to power the eating on 1kw.

If you happened to be running anything else, say 100w of lighting, you'd be right at the limit

Thank you friend 

Seen a portable heater 800w  what would you suggest please

1kw should keep the chill off but If it is really cold then use your gas heater. 

Edited by Camperdom

17 minutes ago, den123 said:

Thank you friend 

Seen a portable heater 800w  what would you suggest please

Think I would use gas for initial set up, when hot water is needed and times when you want to watch TV and opt for the 1kw option overnight.  Saves buying a separate device.  

Some Alde systems have a "load monitor" - I've not used it but I understand it can be set to only allow electric heating when other uses allow.  

Edited by Scarab

Yes Alde do a load monitor and it is stable to 1 kw so it would switch off the heating for the time you exceeded that.  You could also set the heating to both Gas and Electricity and priority Electric.  

Thank you all Alan how do I set it please never knew you could do that brill idea thank you.   How though 

20 minutes ago, den123 said:

Thank you all Alan how do I set it please never knew you could do that brill idea thank you.   How though 

The load monitor was/is an optional extra on your Alde 3010 system - the Alde Manual covers its operation at section 17 on manual page 18…

https://products.alde.se/storage/media/15554025985cb58f66f2576/manoverpanel-lcd-3010-213-v-3010-31-rev-1199.pdf

The device itself is available from a number of suppliers at various prices from £45-ish all the way up to £stupid.   Not sure you’d get a great deal of value from it if only used on 5A hookups though…

£45… https://www.leisureshopdirect.com/gas/caravan-water-heater/alde-accessories/alde-load-monitor

£Stupid… https://www.primaleisure.com/product/1045302/alde-mains-power-limiter-and-load-monitor

Just keep your eye out for the dreaded rising damp. 

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

23 minutes ago, WispMan said:

Just keep your eye out for the dreaded rising damp. 

I have my neighbour, Rupert Rigsby keeping his watchful eye out for that.  

If you have one already fitted (they were not standard ) on the Valencia it will show up on the control panel.  We ha ours fitted at Alde when they did the fluid change.  No matter what you can set the heating to dual for both electric and gas and then set the priority to electric or gas.  It will use both to get up to temperature and then revert to the priority unless that cannot cope and it will then use both.

Can u just use on 1kw plus gas - u can use both at same time 👍

You would be unlikely to run it. Your fridge and charger will use some remember just switch to gas and have no worries Golden rule is VI=W. V is usually 230 in UK So I is the Amps In your case V times I is 230x5= 1150 so quite marginal

Edited by asklowey