Eldis Camino 660

Tugorbust

Hi looking to get back into towing a caravan and have seen an eldis Camino 660 twin axle 2017model have read some of the information here and would ask if any one has any extra information good or bad on this model

Elddis are consistently bottom in the annual Practical Caravan and C&CC customer survey for customer satisfaction.  Given the one you are looking at is four/five years old you would hope that all faults have been remedied by the previous owner, but check it carefully.  They are nice caravans though if you get a good one.

We had a Elddis dealer special from new and apart from a few minor niggles it was a great reliable, dry van. Would definitely have another.

Thanks for the prompt replies so far

Although Elddis do come bottom the  figures between makes are very very small-87lowest 93 best from memory-so I really would buy what you like not what you think is the best. Our Elddis made Bucanneer is by far the best made caravan we have ever had-contradicting the surveys we've had far fewer faults in it over nearly 3 years and over 170 nights in it than any other too-the only issues have been awning light stays on-alarm relay stuck-fixed at first service, a window rubber moved in the heat of the first summer it experienced-and a warped locker door meaning a tiny leak-due to be fixed next month under warranty. WE're very very happy with it!

Our 2017 Elddis Affinity 550 provided us with 3 years trouble free touring. Would have no issues in going back to Elddis if/when we change our current Swift

Check the front and back panels, especially above the front windows and the rear top corners for cracks.

Also, this model may have the new front locker hinges at the sides. If not, check above the front locker as this area can crack also, and if it has been repaired will have a black graphic strip to conceal the repair

Edited by Benny65

2 hours ago, Benny65 said:

Check the front and back panels, especially above the front windows and the rear top corners for cracks.

Also, this model may have the new front locker hinges at the sides. If not, check above the front locker as this area can crack also, and if it has been repaired will have a black graphic strip to conceal the repair

Excellent advice

20 hours ago, Jezzerb said:

Although Elddis do come bottom the  figures between makes are very very small-87lowest 93 best from memory-so I really would buy what you like not what you think is the best. Our Elddis made Bucanneer is by far the best made caravan we have ever had-contradicting the surveys we've had far fewer faults in it over nearly 3 years and over 170 nights in it than any other too-the only issues have been awning light stays on-alarm relay stuck-fixed at first service, a window rubber moved in the heat of the first summer it experienced-and a warped locker door meaning a tiny leak-due to be fixed next month under warranty. WE're very very happy with it!

The last survey showed Elddis down at I think 78%, where the best Adria and Coachman were just over 90%, with Swift and Bailey in the middle. What is clear though is the placing is consistent year on year, with only Lunar dropping below them last year, and with them missing this one. Most makes have been consistently over 80% satisfaction but Elddis have never reached this that I can remember. 

At the same time most buyers are happy with their purchase, so it is not all bad, and all makes turn out some horrors, so although you need to choose with care they can be a good buy. Personally I like the designs in general and might have bought one last time but for the lack of a side on the front offside seat, which was unacceptable to my wife.  It is surprising how a very small detail can put some people off and the choice went to one with the feature.

Edited by Wildwood

88% coachman 79% Elddis. Not enough to worry about especially as coachman make so few caravans.  2022.

Thanks again sadly camino twin axle to large and heavy for what we are looking for the single axle model would be more suitable no used ones around and long waiting list for new so onward we go with the adventure looking at all the transverse island bed models