Problems with Coachman Panoramic blinds staying up, how to replace the broken string.

ACT1

Problems with Coachman Panoramic blinds staying up, how do you replace the broken string please?

You don’t say how old your caravan is, but if it’s still under warranty I would put in a claim, because it’s a pain in the proverbial to do, although it can be done. We had to repair a front window side blind last year and followed some very good advice we found on this forum, but I’m not sure I would tackle the overhead panoramic blind myself.

If you put “Coachman Panoramic Blind” in the search box you will find a lot of topics covering your question. Hope one of them helps.

OP’s profile says his van is a 2012 Pastiche.

You could try the Coachman Owners Club who might be able to help. 

5 hours ago, Wildwood said:

You could try the Coachman Owners Club who might be able to help. 

I’m a member of the Owners Club and I think there’ll be more help on here. Now that it appears to be a 2012 Pastiche I can confirm that to get at the blind the two side lights need to be removed - we had a 2013 VIP with a dodgy blind which, fortunately, was repaired under warranty. I do, however, believe that one of our members tackled this job himself. I’ve found the post - it was by Kiaboy in 2016

Edited by Glen and Les

Thanks everyone for the info, van is away at present having its annual service, I have already removed the light pods, but the string has actually snapped so need to replace the string before I can do any adjustments, has anyone actually done a string replacement?

Our service engineer says its a 4 hour job and was not prepared to do it as it needs to have the internal front assembly removing plus it's still an awkward job, so quite an expensive repair. Quite prepared to attempt a DIY with any assistance given to actually show how to remove the front assembly.