how many sites are within 1mile town\village

At the moment I am unable to walk any great distance (2-3miles) but don't wish to use the car  every time to go to the local village-town

So I am asking  what are your favourite  caravan sites  that are within walking distance 

A couple of mine:

http://www.rutlandcaravanandcamping.co.uk/ is just a 15 minute woodland walk into the village of Greetham which boasts a couple of decent pubs and one very small shop.  Rutland water on doorstep.

Incleboro Fields Caravan Club site is a short walk into West Runton  with a very nice pub and 2/3 shops including a caravanning/camping shop and has a train station for local and Norwich access.

Caravan & Motorhome Club sites:

Burrs Country Park, Bury

Moreton-in-the-Marsh

Uttoxeter

Warwick

Cirencester (park gates close around 5.00pm)

Baltic Wharf Bristol (site closing down about April 2022)

Brighton (probably more than a mile walk to town, but bus available).

Ayr

Melrose

York Rowntree Park

Caravan & Camping Club sites:

Keswick

Derwent Water (next door to keswick site)

Moffat

Edited by hp100425ev

Hillhead,Brixham has a bus stop directly outside entrance.👍

have you thought of doing a search on google as you can select the area, the site and what's around .   

Are you prepared to consider CLs?

1 hour ago, hp100425ev said:

Brighton (probably more than a mile walk to town, but bus available).

Can I add that once you are at the Marina you can travel on the:

Volk's Electric Railway (VER) is a narrow gauge heritage railway that runs along a length of the seafront of the English seaside resort of Brighton. It was built by Magnus Volk, the first section being completed in August 1883, and is the oldest operational electric railway in the world, though it was not the first electric railway to be built.

6 hours ago, Officeboy said:

At the moment I am unable to walk any great distance (2-3miles) but don't wish to use the car  every time to go to the local village-town

So I am asking  what are your favourite  caravan sites  that are within walking distance 

I have a lot of campsite reviews on my website and I note those campsites which are either walking distance or close to public transport, I note a little motorhome icon next to the reviews which meet is criterion. As we have got older our ability to walk long distances has diminished and we always like to keep a bit in reserve for when we get to a place!! See the listing here, its quite comprehensive  http://www.davidklyne.co.uk/uk_campsite_new_2_index.html

David

David - Milton Keynes

Bailey Alliance 66-2 Motorhome for holidays and a Kia Venga for home.

Caravan Travels

Dulverton  CMC site in Somerset. Within a stones throw of the small town. Lovely site.

11 hours ago, ascsbe said:

Dulverton  CMC site in Somerset. Within a stones throw of the small town. Lovely site.

It’s called Exmoor House CMC site, Dulverton!

Great place!

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

WhitewaterPark at Stockton is next to an ASDA and across the road from a large shopping centre.

C&CCsite at Wolverley is on outskirts of the village by the canal with a good pub.

You can walk along the canal path  into Kidderminster. 

CMC site at Chester Fairoaks is not too far to walk to Cheshire Oaks outlet. From there you can get a  bus to Chester or Liverpool. 

Bowness and windermere C&CC 2/3 hundred yards in to town .

Okay, thanks for a comprehensive list of possible sites  one does not realize that there is so many main sites and we are sure as many CL+farm sites  as well