Insurance advice needed for static

Hi, I'm brand new here but have owned a static van on the North Coast of Ireland for 4 years now on a very well known site.  Our lovely little van has been refurbed inside however it is a 1999 van and this year is our last on site due to age of the van so we paid our £3k site fee upfront and cut our losses telling ourselves we will really enjoy next year.  Went up to lock up and drain down for winter last week and the skylight had blown off the van in storm Arwyn causing the left hand side of the van to become saturated with water, all over the gas hob was soaking, the floors, down the sides of the laminate, up the wall, into the bathroom where the floor is now soft because of the water and into our boys bedroom, under the sink, all sodden, soft patches and when you put pressure on the laminate at the wall the water was oozing up, we are obviously really upset as this is such a well loved family van.  We have new for old cover up to 30k and best case scenario for us would be if the van was written off as it's probably not worth more than about 3000 and I've no idea the cost and hassle of repairs.  An assessor will be visiting my van on Thursday on behalf of the insurance companies adjustor.  I'm really looking for some advice as to what I can expect, my husband thinks that I'm in lalaland to think that it could be replaced with a new equivalent.  Can anyone offer some advice please?  Thanks so much in advance x

2nd posting so locked. See original posting in Caravan Insurance 

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion