Mystery Caravan

ThomsonTline77

Hi all,

In the course of my work today I came across this wee caravan looking rather sorry for itself. 

Does anyone know what it is? I'm far from an expert, but my thoughts were that it was perhaps a late 80s Lunar? I'm basing this on the deeper centre window, and the three-plane roof profile, assuming of course that this is as-built, since the metal itself is obviously not original.

IMG_20211206_083021776.jpg

10 hours ago, ThomsonTline77 said:

Hi all,

In the course of my work today I came across this wee caravan looking rather sorry for itself. 

Does anyone know what it is? I'm far from an expert, but my thoughts were that it was perhaps a late 80s Lunar? I'm basing this on the deeper centre window, and the three-plane roof profile, assuming of course that this is as-built, since the metal itself is obviously not original.

IMG_20211206_083021776.jpg

I think you are right - a Lunar Meteorite

https://www.picclickimg.com/d/l400/pict/192503185550_/Lunar-Meteorite-2-Berth-Caravan-1980s.jpg

9 hours ago, Scarab said:

That does look very much like it - although my recollection is that it's even shorter than the one in the link. 

I'll try and get a different angle nwxt rime I'm past.

23 minutes ago, ThomsonTline77 said:

Hard to decide if this is actually shorter or not.....?

IMG_20211209_082619907.jpg

I think it's just the angle. AFAIK, there was just one model (though there might also have been a Lunar Meteor, slightyl bigger)