Our Inos 70 Caravan Build in pictures....

Ukzero

18 hours ago, Jezzerb said:

Looks fantastic ; my only worries-the size of the company and their stability -ie if the go under-and those slide outs- what guarantee they give re leaks? Absolute luxury to be able to basically design your own build-our friends have a fifth wheeler I think from the same company and that is beautiful inside!

A large company is sadly no guarantee - I remember when ABI (one of the biggest at the time) went under in the late 90s. 

3 hours ago, IanV8 said:

The problem with the slide out is the amount of debris that collects on the flat roof, before I had a cover I had to stand on the tailgate of the car and brush off all the leaves, twigs and other debris.

For the short term at least I will modify my window mop to clip onto a custom aluminium hooked pole which should allow me to walk end to end and clear any debris that collects.

I will be fitting a small CCTV unit top offside rear to act as a caravan dash cam when towing. It should also, as it it happens, have a good view of the extended slideout roof :)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looking good. Nice to see a van in build like this.

Just one or two more pictures for now. There will be more when work resumes in the New Year.

So it's Merry Christmas from us :)

Here is the link: Our Inos Build

The Alde in the slide out is interesting, the Eterniti had the pipes under the slide out.

Ian

2018 Range Rover Sport AB,  2022 Buccaneer Cruiser registered in 2023.

7 hours ago, IanV8 said:

The Alde in the slide out is interesting, the Eterniti had the pipes under the slide out.

Ian

This caravan appears to have heating pipes in the slideout, under the slide out, radiators around the perimeter and multiple pipes in the underfloor heating (and not just a couple down the middle as in some caravans). That's an awful lot of heating water to lug around  (at least if we shoudn't get any cold spots!).

Just had a last minute Christmas present of some more pictures from the factory :)

Suddenly things are happening!

Great to see the build coming along. It does look well built and substantial.

Best wishes for Christmas.

Powrtouch AWD Movers. E & P Compact Levelling System.

1 hour ago, VOLVOVANNER said:

Best wishes for Christmas.

And you :)

• 2 weeks later...

They are back to work now and the build is really progressing.

If you have visited the link before remember to press "reload" once it is loaded or you might not see the latest version with all the pictures.

very impressive, one for you to consider -  On our Unicorn we had a similar boot store to the left inside the door.  I fitted a full size drawer on double extender runners to pull out across the doorway.  So much simpler to get boots and shoes in and out.

Kia KX 3 auto / Bailey Alicanto Grande Estoril and Swift Challenger 570 (2010 model Not towed - used as a static)

Any A/C or sat dish/dome being fitted?

2019 Adria Adora Thames

3 hours ago, Alan Stanley said:

On our Unicorn we had a similar boot store to the left inside the door.  I fitted a full size drawer on double extender runners to pull out across the doorway.  So much simpler to get boots and shoes in and out.

Funny you should mention that, but I had just such a solution in mind. Glad to hear how well it can work in practice.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Pebble said:

Any A/C or sat dish/dome being fitted?

A/C is being fitted and the roof section is built for this option (wiring built in). After I fitted A/C to our last caravan I wouldn't be without it (and that was just while in the UK!). 

I remain uncertain about whether we will install a satellite dish as it hasn't been a priority for us so far. However, there will be coax cable installed to allow either a roof mounted or external dish to be used in future if desired.

Looking great UKZ. Interested to see how they vent the extractor over the hob, considering fitting one of these myself and looking for inspiration re venting options.

Liking the double water intake points of course!!!!

Powrtouch AWD Movers. E & P Compact Levelling System.

Apologies if i missed it, but what's the predicted weight going to be? 

2022 Swift Elite 860 & Santa Fe

39 minutes ago, littlebasher said:

Apologies if i missed it, but what's the predicted weight going to be? 

It will be accurately weighed for us, but with all the many extras it will be in the region of 2,400kg leaving about 400kg of genuine user payload. 

Very exciting=great to see it in the making-got to be a lot slower than a production line build-you're talking a different class of van and of course a different price level-van master tried but this appears to be what they should have evolved to-in every respect it looks quality-my only worry would be that slide out though they are on their 5th wheelers too and don't seem to cause issues-how they get the heating to extend into there-wow!!! keep up the photos-think I am nearly as excited as you! Watching it unfold as youv'e allowed us is a privilege and something you don't get to see very often.

1 hour ago, Ukzero said:

It will be accurately weighed for us, but with all the many extras it will be in the region of 2,400kg leaving about 400kg of genuine user payload. 

At least you have the right tow car for the job!

Is that rear access door also giving access to the toilet cassette

2022 Swift Elite 860 & Santa Fe

17 hours ago, littlebasher said:

Is that rear access door also giving access to the toilet cassette

Yes it is.

17 hours ago, Jezzerb said:

Very exciting=great to see it in the making-got to be a lot slower than a production line build-you're talking a different class of van and of course a different price level-van master tried but this appears to be what they should have evolved to-in every respect it looks quality-my only worry would be that slide out though they are on their 5th wheelers too and don't seem to cause issues-how they get the heating to extend into there-wow!!! keep up the photos-think I am nearly as excited as you! Watching it unfold as youv'e allowed us is a privilege and something you don't get to see very often.

You are very welcome.

• 2 weeks later...

Quite a lot of progress over the last week. The slideout is in!

Here you go (remember to refresh if you don't see the new photos):

Our Inos Build

Looks good, looks like you will have a flexible gas pipe in the slide out as well as the Alde pipes.

Ian

2018 Range Rover Sport AB,  2022 Buccaneer Cruiser registered in 2023.

6 hours ago, IanV8 said:

Looks good, looks like you will have a flexible gas pipe in the slide out as well as the Alde pipes.

The caravan comes with a three-way fridge as standard but I chose the option of a compressor fridge (we never go off-grid for more than the odd night) as long as they also fitted all the services and vents and stuff for no extra charge to allow a future conversion if required. So I sincerely hope there is a flexible gas hose to the fridge recess. 

Next time I talk to them I will ask about the spec of the flexible hoses they use.

• 2 weeks later...

As it's just one picture for now I have put it here as well as on our Inos build web page.

For us this an exciting picture as it shows our caravan about to go out on its first road test at the factory.

This is an important milestone. 
There is still the electric roof awning to fit and the decals and badging before valeting and PDI can begin, but it's getting closer :)
The door is actually second hand and I am glad it is - ask if you want to know more!

Inos051a.jpg

Edited by Ukzero

When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community.