Reliability Statistics

Squash

Just received this from a friend in Singapore.  No idea where he found it nor when!  Could be out of date.

As with any similar survey the data collection and respective criteria need to be known but leaving that aside are there any glaring issues here?

I'm personally delighted with Hyundai as =3rd and in my experience over the last 3 models I have had 1 battery replacement  (I think the car had been stored before we bought it new) and a damper failed on our first model.  Beyond that no problems at all.

reliability.jpg.6dd2950012a5129d7fe7ddd29c30a92d.jpg

I think that is from What Car magazine, looks familiar running order. Quite happy my next car will be a Toyota after a rubbish Volvo. 

Odd. Kia and Hyundai same cars! Might wake up the badge snobs too. Look at Dacia. Superb cars imo.

Edited by Jezzerb

Vauxhall are always near the bottom of the list, but we've had a few of them and they've always been reliable cars. On our second Kia Sportage, trouble free and we have a great dealer. Survey's are a bit like forums, those with a complaint are more likely to vote/post to air their views.

It still doesn’t alter the outcome of the data. Although like others my Vauxhall experience was always very good. As has been my SEAT, VW, Audi ownership. Volvo has been rubbish as was the mistake purchase of a Freelander. Peugeot Citroen cars we have had have generally mixed - some disasters - some ok. Mercs were both ok too. 

Of course in any forum most respondents are relating their own experience.  

One would hope that the data gathered for the list was a tad more extensive.

Having said that statistics certainly influenced my purchase of the last 3 cars - all 3 Hyundai Santa Fe.  The reliability plus the 5 year warranty were both factors in the decision plus of course previous experience after the first one.

I have made a conscious decision not to go with Land Rover both from lists such as this and many comments on this forum regarding their reliability.  Shame really because I do like the design.  

Bit like the caravan reliability surveys? Not all that reliable.

We had Vauxhalls as my wife's company car. None were perfect, dealer was mediocre.

They were replaced every 3 years so all under warranty.

Our experience of Kia and Hyundai has been excellent so we will probably have another.

I would consider a Range Rover if the lottery came up, or maybe a Bentayga!

Every survey gives us different results although there are certain makes, usually Japanese, that are always near the top and one or two that come near the bottom. The makes are very close to each other and are down to percentage points in many cases so while the top few should be a better buy, the exact positions are so tight that they are interchangeable. The bottom two do seem to be adrift of the rest though. 

2 hours ago, Wildwood said:

Every survey gives us different results although there are certain makes, usually Japanese, that are always near the top and one or two that come near the bottom. The makes are very close to each other and are down to percentage points in many cases so while the top few should be a better buy, the exact positions are so tight that they are interchangeable. The bottom two do seem to be adrift of the rest though. 

I start by saying I currently have a Jag and love it and prior to that had 6 Land Rovers of different types (loved them all) amongst which were a couple of BMWs one of which was the worst of all that bunch but I find it interesting that you note the bottom two are adrift of the rest yet BMW are adrift of the top by the same margin in percentage points and Mercedes are adrift of BMW by an even  greater margin.  Just shows nothing really!!;)

3 hours ago, 664DaveS said:

I would consider a Range Rover if the lottery came up, or maybe a Bentayga!

Can you get a towbar for a Bentayga? 

There again if you win win the lottery and can afford one would you still want a caravan? 

17 minutes ago, SamD said:

I start by saying I currently have a Jag and love it and prior to that had 6 Land Rovers of different types (loved them all) amongst which were a couple of BMWs one of which was the worst of all that bunch but I find it interesting that you note the bottom two are adrift of the rest yet BMW are adrift of the top by the same margin in percentage points and Mercedes are adrift of BMW by an even  greater margin.  Just shows nothing really!!;)

Statistics, damn statistics and lies???

Experience is something you acquire after you have an urgent need for it.

30 minutes ago, Mr Plodd said:

1.  Can you get a towbar for a Bentayga? 

2.  Statistics, damn statistics and lies???

1.. You can get one gold-plated

2.  As per number 1.

6 hours ago, MacSpot said:

Vauxhall are always near the bottom of the list, but we've had a few of them and they've always been reliable cars. On our second Kia Sportage, trouble free and we have a great dealer. Survey's are a bit like forums, those with a complaint are more likely to vote/post to air their views.

We have had two Vauxhalls from new and a Land Rover  D4 from new the old 2002 Vauxhall has been ok but the 2011 has not. I can confirm they are not reliable and the Vauxhall warranty covers very little and the dealers both Vauxhall and LR are useless. Last time we buy either of these brands.

I read a road test on a Bentayga which said it had an electric folding towbar for one's  horsebox!:)

Big engine and plenty of power, costs same as 2 Range Rovers!

22 hours ago, 664DaveS said:

I read a road test on a Bentayga which said it had an electric folding towbar for one's  horsebox!:)

Big engine and plenty of power, costs same as 2 Range Rovers!

For the same money I'd have the Aston Martin DBX

45 minutes ago, alicanto grande said:

So would I but not sure I'd want a big TA hanging off the back ;)

It was quite happy with a very large tri axle closed race car transporter with a ton and a half of GT40 plus spares. Towed better than our Amarok in fact.