Hull plastics factory destroyed by fire.

Leedslad

This factory produces shower cubicles for caravans.  Maybe this could affect caravan production ?

https://www.itv.com/news/calendar/2021-11-24/large-fire-breaks-out-in-hessle-with-explosions-heard

They make the curved shower cubicles for Coachman - they have already cancelled all production of the Acadia 545 & Laser 850 2022 models. People with these models on order have been asked to contact their dealer. 😢

Edited by Glen and Les

Feel sorry for those effected. We have an Acadia 575 on order for Jan/ Feb so by the sound of it should be ok.

46 minutes ago, ascsbe said:

Feel sorry for those effected. We have an Acadia 575 on order for Jan/ Feb so by the sound of it should be ok.

We have a 565 Acadia on order - currently on March delivery (originally Nov/Jan), but not sure if it will be delayed further by this.

11 minutes ago, Glen and Les said:

We have a 565 Acadia on order - currently on March delivery (originally Nov/Jan), but not sure if it will be delayed further by this.

That's what we are part exchanging.

35 minutes ago, ascsbe said:

That's what we are part exchanging.

We will be part exchanging our Pastiche 565 - staying with same layout, but a dealer special model this time. Fingers crossed our orders aren’t disrupted too much. 🤞

Ours is Highbridge dealer special. Silver sides for the first time.

1 hour ago, ascsbe said:

Ours is Highbridge dealer special. Silver sides for the first time.

Newport Caravans for us - also silver sides for the first time. They look nice.

I wonder which other manufacturers use Bridgewood plastics as a supplier? I would assume the Coachman may have to reduce production across the whole 2022 range eventually as I don't imagine the use different suppliers for the same product.

Just looked them up...

https://www.bridgewoodshowers.co.uk/caravan-showers

just noticed headed as caravan showers but look  like mobile homes ones.

Edited by gtepete

Coachman use them to supply plastics for general use, but do have another supplier for these items, so production can continue. However, they do make the bespoke shower cabinets for the centre bathroom models and they are the sole supplier of these, hence the cancellation of the two models for the rest of this production year - 2022.

They may be able to find another source. Hopefully  the factory will be rebuilt ,  I feel sorry for workers who may be laid off.

Presumably Coachman will change their build mix to produce more of the unaffected models in the short term. In the current climate they should still be able to sell these assuming they can get the different bits that may be needed for a change in the production.

Hopefully the supplier will have a contingency plan and the correct insurance to enable them to get back in production fairly quickly. If not I suspect their competitors will be looking for the business. 

10 hours ago, 664DaveS said:

They may be able to find another source. Hopefully  the factory will be rebuilt ,  I feel sorry for workers who may be laid off.

This is two miles from my house.  A horrific fire and devastating for the company and employees.   Some local factories have offered temporary work for the workers and fingers crossed the business can be rebuilt sooner rather than later.