Kart jockey wheel.

colin h

We purchased this over a year ago and it has made a huge difference when moving on stone and shail

However when we move to the towbar the whole shaft is at a slight angle and even with the clamp undone it is a pig to retract and usually a big whack is needed to release it then you can retract and wind up. Am I doing something wrong. 

We have the same jockey wheel and do not have that problem. As I understand it, the inner tube is slightly bent? I always make sure the jockey wheel is retracted as much as possible when moving the caravan (via motormover or otherwise) as that is at its strongest. 

Could it have become bent while moving the caravan around?

10 minutes ago, 8ftWanderer said:

I have the Kart and definitely don't have that problem. Sounds like something is out of line.

snap!

I can't think what would be out of line. As I understand there is just a clamp inside. The jockey wheel shaft is straight as a die.

We have a Kartt jockey wheel on a twin axle Swift. Overall we have been happy but it occasionally is put under huge load by the weight transfer from the two axles. To minimise this I try to keep it as low as possible, it has however become distorted and is no longer as easy to retract. I think in our case its going to last 3 years then change for a new one (Kartt again)