Brittany Ferries 3 day flash sale

Some decent discount available, £200 if you spend more than £1000

I am somewhat cheesed though as I have a winter sun holiday, booked last June for next April at over £2000 and they will not apply the discount to it. The Sons of unmarried parents !! 

456DC460-8F17-4B36-9738-393A67A4972D.png

Experience is something you acquire after you have an urgent need for it.

19 hours ago, Mr Plodd said:

Some decent discount available, £200 if you spend more than £1000

I am somewhat cheesed though as I have a winter sun holiday, booked last June for next April at over £2000 and they will not apply the discount to it. The Sons of unmarried parents !! 

456DC460-8F17-4B36-9738-393A67A4972D.png

I am thinking I may cancel and get a refund then rebook again. I did this many years ago when BF offered a discount after I had booked.

13 minutes ago, Malc Edge said:

I am thinking I may cancel and get a refund then rebook again. I did this many years ago when BF offered a discount after I had booked.

That very thought  occurred to me shortly after I was advised “Hard luck mate, it’s only for new bookings” I would still save about £20, a point that I did make in my email to BF customer service dept (copy below; The automated reply says they hope to reply within 28 days! Hopefully they will see the merit in my argument and apply the discount. Well it’s 10% so worth having. 

I will post their reply, if I ever get one that is! 

Good Morning

I have a winter sun holiday booked with yourselves (Ref Xxxxxxx) at a total cost of £xxxxx that was booked on 30th June which is almost 5 months ago.

I have just had an email from yourselves (timed at 10:27. As I type this it is 11:57) advising me of your Black Friday flash sale offering discounts of £200 if I spend over £1000 on a holiday. Well I am spending over £2000. 

I contacted your booking service to enquire if this discount would be applied to my long standing booking as I have already paid my deposit and am committed to paying the balance on or before 06 January. I was advised that I would not be. This does seem grossly unfair as I have been a regular customer, and Club Voyage member (Xxxxxxx) for many years now. In fact during the covid period that your sailings were not operating rather than demand my money back I allowed you to retain it in the form of a credit against any future bookings.

I would point out that if I was to cancel my current booking, and immediately re-book I would actually be (albeit marginally) better off as the deposit I have paid is less than the discount of £200 on offer, which is frankly a ludicrous situation isn’t it?  

In effect I am being penalised for booking early and assisting your cashflow whereas a totally new customer, who has not paid you anything whatsoever will benefit. It is normal business practice to actually reward early bookers rather than penalise them in this manner.

I would therefore  ask this matter be brought to the attention of someone at a  high level of management so they might  reconsider the company attitude to a long standing customer and apply the discount to  my longstanding booking.

Thank you.

Good luck Plodd. Stranger things have happened, last year I had a Sofa on order, (Wayfair I think) already paid for when it was reduced 200 quid. I called them and they refunded it. To say I was somewhat surprised would be to understate it.

I am not holding my breath, but if you don’t ask..........

6 hours ago, Mr Plodd said:

I am not holding my breath, but if you don’t ask..........

:goodpost:

• 2 weeks later...

Well I have had a response !!!  Good job I want holding my breath :rolleyes:

Dear Mr xxxxxxx

Thank you for your email dated 26 November 2021 concerning booking XXXXX

I am sorry to read of your disappointment when finding that you could not receive the GBP200.00 offered in our Flash Sale for NEW holiday booking only.  As a business, from time to time, we will arrange Special Offers for a limited period in order to encourage more people to travel with us

That said, you have been able to secure your preferred holiday, sailings and cabins in 2022 by booking earlier with us and I hope that you are looking forward to your long break in Spain.

We look forward to welcoming you onboard our new ship the Salamanca

Talk about getting the brush off

Do you think company's Special Offers should always apply to people who bought the products before the Offer? 

Try it on any supermarket product. The principle is the same. 

I assume you were happy with what you bought at that time?? 

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

But if you don’t ask you will never know the answer will you? So it was worth a try! As stated earlier, I wasn’t holding my breath. 

I tried something similar with Currys a few years back when I purchased an item early evening and it was reduced the very next day. The branch manager had a good answer to my request for a partial refund........ 

“If the product had increased in price, and I came to your door the next morning would you pay me the increase?” 

It was worth a go, I might just have got a few quid back :)