Battery locker replacement

Timanita

Hi all,

anyone experience of a battery locker replacement on a solid crusader storm,…

mine is a 2016, hinges have broken on the locker frame and lid…I’m being told by some dealers it’s a full unit ( as it’s bonded) others are saying I can just replace the outer frame and lid…??

anyone know for sure, I intend to do myself but need to be sure a get the right part…..??

cheers

Tim

Mine was a different caravan but the whole box had to be replaced with a complete BCA unit.

https://bcagroup.co.uk/bca-brochure/#p=39

Not a DIY job as was extremely hard work to get old one out, wish I hadn't watched!

My compete locker on a 2009 Pageant started to break away from the wall. My service man put it back in and supported it onto the floor.

Not a job to do yourself in my opinion. 

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Luckily I was able to replace just the door on my 2011  Baily Ranger...Have kept the frame as a spare...I would be  reluctant to replace the whole locker personally, especially if the van still has a warranty in place...a job for a dealer...

Edited by gtepete

The mobile engineer who serviced our last caravan was able to fabricate a repair on our battery box but has since retired so cannot ask him now. It is possible to repair if you had a similar problem to me, but if it is done in a workshop with high labour charges it may be less attractive.

Hi

My van needed a new battery box as i noticed a crack in the outer frame. The box was removed under warranty the fitter completely cutting out the back of the box before removing the the front surround, he said it was not a DIY job as it could cause damage to the van side if you were not careful.  He replaced the battery box as he said the only way of removing it was to cut the back away so as to get to the front part which was bondedin. However when damp was found at the bottom of a locker frame my service centre managed to cut out the bonding material with a sharp blade  and remove the locker frame, dry out the van and refit the original frame. Again they said it's not really a DIY job.

Sandy

30 minutes ago, sandy said:

. Again they said it's not really a DIY job.

Well they would say that, wouldn’t they? 

If an “technician” can do it anyone else can. They might need to take a little more time and care, but it’s entirely possible. 

Experience is something you acquire after you have an urgent need for it.