Thetford toilet door lock spring

image.jpeg.eafc7cdecb9f98d0e1bcc055b4309ee4.jpeg

Hi team, has anyone else solved the conundrum of obtaining the spring out of this set without buying the whole set?  Anyone selling them online or know what the dimensions are to buy an alternative?  TIA!

They are almost certainly specific to that one single application, the chances of getting hold of just the spring are somewhere between “naff all” and “stuff all”

You is going to have to bite the bullet I am afraid, I bet the whole caboodle is really stooopid money as well??

Experience is something you acquire after you have an urgent need for it.

Don't know what the dimensions are but if you are tight enough :P, sorry keen enough, and can get the sizes knock one up out of piano wire.

Have made the odd couple this way for my model making in the past.

Stay safe - Griff.  :ph34r:

Wheels at the front Green Oval Towing Machine

Wheels at the back Bessacarr 845

Hey brilliant thanks for that suggestion :)

On 19/11/2021 at 06:23, Mr Plodd said:

They are almost certainly specific to that one single application, the chances of getting hold of just the spring are somewhere between “naff all” and “stuff all”

You is going to have to bite the bullet I am afraid, I bet the whole caboodle is really stooopid money as well??

Yep just bought the barrel lock as I had the housing and spring already.  Now I don’t have the spring.  And the whole cost is beyond my level of measure haha

do you have an ironmongers  nearby ,  ( old fashioned shop that sells everything , tools , hardware, nuts and bolts , buckets and bowls  etc. )  as over here we could walk into one and ask if they had a spring to fit your lock. 

3 minutes ago, joanie said:

do you have an ironmongers  nearby ,  ( old fashioned shop that sells everything , tools , hardware, nuts and bolts , buckets and bowls  etc. )  as over here we could walk into one and ask if they had a spring to fit your lock. 

Thanks Joanie, yep going into shops like that is in my plan too :)

what about contacting Thetford and ask them if they could supply a spring, I have done similar with screws being lost ,  not with Thetford. though