Dometic grande air pro 390 awning

Fatles

I am looking at getting another air awning we have looked at the Dometic  Grande air pro 390. Does any one have one if so are you what are the pros and cons about it. I did find out they recommended having a roof liner, which tells me they expect a lot of condensation. I also notice that the poles at the back  near the caravan are extra. I have a Bradcot 390 air awning but find it very heavy to fit on. 

Les

Just sold our few years old Rally Air Pro 390 with its 'continental' carpet, roof liner and draught skirt for £500 and bought the newer looking and a little shorter but deeper  Club Air Pro 330.   Some thoughts and observations based on a few years with the 390…

1. Heavy but manageable - panels can be zipped out to lighten the load.  We used a dog lead, with one ‘towing’ it (panels and all) through the rail and one feeding it in without undue difficulty.
  2. Roof Liner - softens the interior appearance.  Condensation was no more a problem than any other awning (with poles) we've had over the years.  Ventilation is the key though.  If the ground is damp, you can use a footprint under the carpet which helps apparently but not something we ever did,
  3. Draught Skirt & matching wheel arch cover are not included. We kept the wheel arch cover for the new awning.
  4. Poles… we bought the poles but never ever took them out of their original packaging - never found a need to use them but have kept them for the new awning.  
  5. Carpet - we like the easy to clean Continental carpets.
  6. Limpets… great idea but our experience of the Kampa (now Dometic) product is that they are expensive rubbish.  We use a third party suction cups with metal threads to good effect.
  7. Accessory rail - we have the  Kampa coat hooks accessory (cheap as chips) that simply slides on to the accessory rail and earns it keep
  8. Lights - we have a pair of the 'Sabre'  lights - plenty of positioning options sewn in to the awning.  
  9. Hand pump included and it is ok to use.  We may buy an electric one for this awning though.

Be aware that awning specific accessories (carpet, roof liner and draught skirt) may be very difficult to obtain right now and prices may be elevated where they are available.   

We managed to track down all three items for the Club 330 after quite a bit of a struggle.  I emailed Dometic about the nationwide lack of availability - they replied that March for carpets and January for the roof liner & draught skirts (Pandemic doncha know).

In summary, we liked our 390 well enough over 4-5 years to replace it with a 330, We like the less rounded roof line of the current range better too.

Sorry for not getting back earlier.
Thank you for a in depth reply. I am now convinced that this awning  with all the add ons is not going to be worth the price. I believe that businesses are just jumping on the bandwagon to grab as much money as they can.  There seems to be a lot of basic extras that you need to buy as well. The add ons such as poles roof lining are overpriced items that I would need, skirt etc. I would need an electric pump as I have one at the moment with my Bradcot. 
Aftr a lot of thinking and reading you reply we have decided that we will give this one a miss.

Les

Have you looked at the Vango range? they normally include everything with them.

• Martin changed the title to Dometic grande air pro 390 awning

Or Sunncamp?-if you can live with the continental style mud wall "pegged" on the outside...