Which AL-KO Wheel Lock?

Can anyone tell me the correct model number for an AL-KO wheel lock to fit my Adria Adora 612DL Seine?

Thanks, Tom

21 minutes ago, Uncle Tom said:

Can anyone tell me the correct model number for an AL-KO wheel lock to fit my Adria Adora 612DL Seine?

Thanks, Tom

Ask Al Ko.There’s a contact form n their website. 

Go to ReggiePerrins link, fill in the details, (including the year of manufacture) and you will be shown a design of wheel. If yours is the same as the one shown, it will tell you which insert you need. You can then try EBay to see if there's one for sale.

Yours seems to be either a No 2 or a No 19 depending on year. Both are available on Ebay at the moment. 

fwiw ....

Unless it is a specific requirement of your Insurance or you have a strong desire for AL-KO only ..

My view is ....

Having had the AL-KO lozenge wheel lock on my last two vans I found (apart from expensive) the biggest gripe was very fiddly / hassle to align, locate and fit. Must be the first job setting up to fit AL-KO unit before lowering steadies etc or trauma shuffling position.

Latest van have gone for the hoop type onto choice of two threaded wheel studs gives flexible alignment options and much much less hassle. 

M

We are using one of these https://www.purpleline.co.uk/security/wheel-locks/nemesis-ultra

Simplicity itself, fits in seconds.  We were advised against the Al - KO from several sources ( including our dealer) because they are so fiddly to fit.

Had one of these on the previous 'van - also very good .  https://www.maypoleltd.com/product/sh5436-stronghold-caravan-alloy-wheel-clamp/

Swift Supersure insurance insist you use a receiver type wheel lock. Of course you have the AL-KO but we have the Purpleline Fullstop Excalibur which requires less precision in the alignment than the AL-KO,  I believe. Its still a pain if you don't remember to line it up before you wind the legs down. (like I did last time and after I'd gone to a lot of trouble to get the van level). All types of receiver lock are difficult if you are levelling cross-axle whether using wedges or digging a hole for a wheel, as I do sometimes. ( I always get the clod out in one piece and replace afterwards).

I don't think the Nemesis lock is acceptable to Supersure. 

I gather that Supersure and Caravanguard are the same people.

2 hours ago, PaulHo said:

I gather that Supersure and Caravanguard are the same people.

…  and 'Happy Place' - which quoted me £30 less than Caravanguard on identical new for old details.  Not always easy to know who is who…

Happy Place is a trading name of Caravan Guard Limited

https://www.happyplace.co.uk

I found the same as you Reggie and similar saving with Happyplace, just renewed. 

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks to all who replied.

I tried the AL-KO site (thanks Reggie Perrin), but it doesn't recognize the model of my Adora 612DL Seine. I don't really want to 'phone up AL-KO because I don't want to fork out the exorbitant cost of a new one. The intention was to buy a used one from e-bay, or at least get a lozenge  to modify my existing ex-Bailey one.

Tom

22 minutes ago, Uncle Tom said:

Thanks to all who replied.

I tried the AL-KO site (thanks Reggie Perrin), but it doesn't recognize the model of my Adora 612DL Seine. I don't really want to 'phone up AL-KO because I don't want to fork out the exorbitant cost of a new one. The intention was to buy a used one from e-bay, or at least get a lozenge  to modify my existing ex-Bailey one.

Tom

Send them an email asking which lock you would need to order for your specific caravan.  They’ll either tell you or they won’t.   If they do, great and search a popular auction site and if they don’t, nothing lost. 

Really difficult to put pressure to buy on somebody in response to a light on personal details email ;)

Tom,

Although its not listed on the AL-KO secure website, all Adoras that are listed have the same wheels - 14"  Hawk and appear to be using lozenge No2, Are your wheels 14" Hawk pattern (5 spokes)

On Autotrader, there is a 2020 Adora 612 Siene for sale. The owner has a 'fullstop' lock fitted (an option for you?) but the wheel pattern looks to be 5 spoke also!

Have a look.

Edited by Lagerorwine

Thanks again both.

This is the wheel and as you can see, I've dis-assembled the old AL-KO and am just using the innards of it. Not fully secure of course. I'll try my luck with contacting AL-KO. If it's a no. 2, I'll be in touch Reggie.

Tom

Van Wheel.JPG

That wheel looks to be the same as on my Knaus and AL-KO lozenge no.2 is the correct one. Be aware though that they are quite rare so you may have difficulty sourcing one - having said it looks like there are a couple on eBay.

Edited by KnausCol

Life is not a rehearsal . . .:)

Porsche Cayenne S Diesel & Knaus StarClass 695. Previously Audi S4 Avant & Elddis Super Sirocco

2 hours ago, Uncle Tom said:

Thanks again both.

This is the wheel and as you can see, I've dis-assembled the old AL-KO and am just using the innards of it. Not fully secure of course. I'll try my luck with contacting AL-KO. If it's a no. 2, I'll be in touch Reggie.

Tom

Van Wheel.JPG

Looks the same as ours as well (2019 Adora, twin axle). We have lozenge number 2 as well. 

They weren't hard to find on Ebay when I bought ours in early summer

• 4 weeks later...

Just to put this thread finally to bed, I bought an AL-KO number 2 lozenge from e-bay, which fits perfectly on my  Adria Adora 612DL Seine.  £35 including postage.

Tom

14 hours ago, Uncle Tom said:

Just to put this thread finally to bed, I bought an AL-KO number 2 lozenge from e-bay, which fits perfectly on my  Adria Adora 612DL Seine.  £35 including postage.

Tom

Good outcome and thanks for getting back - out of interest, what year is your caravan (apologies if I missed that), it might help others in future?

22 hours ago, Uncle Tom said:

Tom

Don’t forget to register the lock!!

2 hours ago, Mutley said:

Don’t forget to register the lock!!

As its was just the lozenge OP was after, he presumably already has the lock.

11 hours ago, hp100425ev said:

As its was just the lozenge OP was after, he presumably already has the lock.

It could be the case, equally a lot of people (not saying the op) don’t know to register the locks, and end up in trouble due to not being registered and not having the registration info anymore.