Covid Booster Jabs

I had my booster jab Saturday, and Flue jab in the other arm. Chuffed to get it so early.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You must have been one of the early ones having the original jabs.

Quite a few of my neighbours who had the first jab in December/early January had their boosters last week. Ironically, some have not had their flu jab yet and are not likely to get it until end of October.

We on the other hand managed to get the flu jab last Saturday in the GP’s first session, but won’t get a booster covid jab before 14 October (6 months since 2nd jab).

Edited by hp100425ev

Flu vaccination distribution is currently quite haphazard with many GP surgeries chasing their supplies but being told it may not arrive until late October. Meanwhile pharmacies in the same areas are managing to secure their supplies. Our GP practice is extremely unhappy. Their supply delivery keeps getting pushed back whilst the pharmacy next door has plenty.

Just had the flu jab, our local Boots the Chemist, had plenty of customers.

Booked online and plenty of slots.

My brother in law is a care worker and got his first two jabs very early on.

Was due to have his booster this week at work but has just tested positive for covid-19.

This is the third time he's had it, and he says that this time it has really knocked him sideways, feeling much worse this time.

Stay safe 

2 minutes ago, mimo said:

My brother in law is a care worker and got his first two jabs very early on.

Was due to have his booster this week at work but has just tested positive for covid-19.

This is the third time he's had it, and he says that this time it has really knocked him sideways, feeling much worse this time.

Stay safe 

That is a good reminder that we are not immune to the virus even when fully vaccinated. This is the reason why we are very careful about crowded places and especially as more people are going without masks. We haven't gone into any pubs or restaurants, and are cautious about crowded shops.  We are both late 70's with health issues.

Thanks.

13 hours ago, Ern said:

That is a good reminder that we are not immune to the virus even when fully vaccinated. This is the reason why we are very careful about crowded places and especially as more people are going without masks. We haven't gone into any pubs or restaurants, and are cautious about crowded shops.  We are both late 70's with health issues.

Thanks.

Well said Ern,

We have both been double jabbed but still avoid crowds and continue to minimise our travel around the country. Paranoid? No but still cautious and doing our bit to minimise covid-19 transmission. Whatever rules are imposed through the autumn and up to Christmas, we have already decided that we will continue to avoid visiting family or friends in their homes at least for the rest of the year. 

We are both keen to receive our booster covid-19 and flu jabs as soon as possible.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

32 minutes ago, Gordon said:

Well said Ern,

We have both been double jabbed but still avoid crowds and continue to minimise our travel around the country. Paranoid? No but still cautious and doing our bit to minimise covid-19 transmission. Whatever rules are imposed through the autumn and up to Christmas, we have already decided that we will continue to avoid visiting family or friends in their homes at least for the rest of the year. 

We are both keen to receive our booster covid-19 and flu jabs as soon as possible.

"Back to fight another day" is our motto.

Got our Flu jabs at Boots last week at a time and day to suit us.

No sign of GP doing them and when they do they dictate when you can have.

Is the booster to be a set period of time from the second jab?

With the first GP surgery said we were not priority but we are in our 80's with existing conditions so could not understand why 70 year olds getting their first jab.

So NHS sent us to a local pharmacy.

Had nothing yet regarding Covid booster or flu jabs, (I'm 71, Mrs is a mere stripling of 68). I'm currently taking part in a drug trial with the local hospital and am due to get my next drug trial jab on 13th Oct. The nurse told me that if I'm offered my Covid booster, I should rearrange my drug trial and take the booster. I'm not supposed to have the booster within 5 days of the drug trial, (either before or after).

We both had our flue jabs at our surgery on Saturday, we are not eligible for the Covid booster till end on October. Getting fed up wishing our lives away.:D

1 hour ago, David 38 said:

Is the booster to be a set period of time from the second jab?

No less than 6 months after the second jab.

Apparently we should get either a letter from NHS or a call from GP when eligible.

4 hours ago, hp100425ev said:

Apparently we should get either a letter from NHS or a call from GP when eligible.

I had my first jab in December and my second four weeks later, in January.   A  week ago I received an email  from the NHS telling me I could arrange a booster jab  online.   One of the centres offered was the local High Street pharmacy.   I could have got an appointment for next day, but as I had a 10 day trip planned, I've made the booking for when I'm home.

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

Had my First jab January 2021, second one February 2021, booster & flu tomorrow. All done at Cwmbran stadium. (I do work for the NHS):D

• 4 weeks later...

Let us not forget that there are at least three kinds of inoculation being rolled out at the moment, so this may in part explain some of the logistical issues.

• There is the booster jab for Covid-19 that is being or will be offered to most of the population.
  • There is also a third dose being given to the most vulnerable in our society (this is different from a booster and is part of the first (primary) course of the vaccine.
  • Then there are the flu jabs that in addition will presumably be offered to all who qualify for them.

There appears to be some discussion as to whether the Covid jabs currently on offer will be from the same manufacturer as the were given to each person initially. What is clear though, is that we are being told categorically that vaccines work and we should all take the opportunity to accept what is being  made available. 

image.png

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

Just back from getting our booster jabs. Had AZ main jabs but Pfizer booster.

Exactly a week over the 6 months since 2nd jab.

Booked on line at a local vaccination centre, and it was really quiet.

Arrived early and in straight away because the two staff were sat waiting for people to come.

Not sure whether they are not offering enough appointments to keep them busy, or whether people are slow to book.

My six months was up on 1st October and I got an invitation last week, but the earliest availability was for either 3rd or 4th November at 20:30 (both days) at our nearest vax centre (ten miles away).

I can't do 3rd so I'm booked for 20:30 on 4th November, so they are either everso busy or only doing evenings.

It's OK for me as I've got a car but I dont know how others manage it as we have no viable public transport where I live.

We only get a bus once a week on Thursday mornings which returns at Thursday lunchtime and doesn't even get close to the vaccination centre (nor even our doctor's surgery come to that).

Edited by alicanto grande

Had a flu jab, and was recommended,  and  given the one off Pneumonia jab too...now waiting for booster jab...

Edited by gtepete

MoH and I got our booster jab first week October, exactly 6 months and 1 week after the 2nd dose. This was done at a hub in Birkenhead.  We also received our flu jabs a few days later at our GP surgery., who organised and scheduled everything for us.

We had our flu jabs at the gp surgery. They were offering the cv19 booster to those due. We are not due until,November.

1 hour ago, hp100425ev said:

Just back from getting our booster jabs. Had AZ main jabs but Pfizer booster.

Exactly a week over the 6 months since 2nd jab.

Booked on line at a local vaccination centre, and it was really quiet.

Arrived early and in straight away .......

Not sure whether they are not offering enough appointments to keep them busy, or whether people are slow to book.

Exactly our experience.

It is annoying me the critical comments on the TV News today saying about this roll out the Booster jabs blaming Government and NHS for being slow.

You can't be given the Booster until 6 months is up after second standard jab.

So it's the 6 months that's setting the pace.

Everyone I know who qualifies are having it within a very few days on reaching the 6 months.

One as to be proactive at 6 months and go to NHS website and book themselves, my GP surgery I feel not interested.

It's actually supposed to be six months and one week before you can have your booster:-

"If you have not been contacted but it's been 6 months and 1 week (189 days) since your 2nd dose, please try to book your appointment using this service."

You can call 119 to locate your nearest Covid booster provider.

The way things are going we won't bother waiting for the extra week.

I was trying the online covid booster booking system every day from 14 October, which was 6 months from 2nd jabs on 14 April.

For 6 days I got the message that we were not eligible to book a booster jab.

On the 7th day, the system let us in and we booked boosters for the day after. Texts and emails from NHS arrived after I had already booked.

Didn't get anything from GP surgery.

In some parts of the Country there are drop in centres for booster jabs with no appointments needed. If Government want take-up  numbers to improve, perhaps this is the way they should go for the whole Country, although I suppose people would be turning up before 6 months.

Edited by hp100425ev

We had our Flu vacination cancelled by GP (reason unknown), so booked at Boots a few days later and had it there (they inform GP)

Our 6 months and one week is not until 30th Oct.

We had our flu jabs at Boots a few weeks ago. We had our second covid jabs 19/4/21. On 20/10/21 my wife got invited to have her booster jab, I did not receive an invitation so I phoned 119 to register for it. We both had our jabs today at the same time. So we have found the system to be very good.