Plumbing washing machine/dryer

Mertintin

Hello Folks can anyone tell me the price and downfalls of plumbing a washer/dryer under sink, also does the site do it or do I have to find someone.

Thank you.

Speaking to your park operator would be a good start as they may know and may have done this before for other customers.

Washer/dryers start from around £300 (freestanding/brand new). They need a gap of 60CM wide and usually around 55CM deep and 85CM high - first thing I’d check is you can accommodate those dimensions as many statics/holiday homes have slimmed down kitchens in places to maximise a small footprint. You also have to consider if the cupboard underneath can be adjusted to suit as you will likely struggle now to get a new matching door (for example).

If it will take those dimensions you just need an electrician to get you a plug under the sink and also a plumber to put you a washing machine tap onto the cold pipe and some adjustments to the waste pipe work for the drain hose. 

Remember the machine cannot go under the sink bowl - there has to be room under the drainer or worktop at the 600 width I mentioned above. 

Difficult to guess without seeing it but hope that helps with your thoughts….. 

Cheers, Martin

Martin is correct, but there is another consideration; is the floor suitable for the weight and vibration of the washing machine?

Thank you both, it doesn't seem such a good idea after all.

Do you have any storage space outside of the caravan?

Friends of ours have a garden shed at the side of their static, housing a washing machine, tumble dryer and a freezer 

As Scorpio states, the floor may not be strong enough to take the weight and vibration of a washer dryer, even if the floor is OK ,if the dryer is in use (they take quite a heavy elec load) using another elec device (eg kettle or microwave) may trip the electrical supply as many static caravans only have a 16amp supply. As Mimo says most people with a washer put it in an outside shed at the side of their van, this needs a bit more plumbing to connect water supply, waste, and elec supply, also they usually drain both supplies and the washer filter for the winter to prevent freezing of water in the lines and filter. Is there not a laundrette on your site? you can pay for very many washes for the cost of buying and plumbing in a washer dryer