Swift/Sargent caravan alarm type?

Anyone know if the alarms fitted to modern Swift caravans are tilt activated?

I'm getting insurance quotes for my 2019 Swift Aventura (Sprite Major dealer special) , and am being asked if my alarm is tilt activated? I'm guessing it activates by PIR inside the van, but are they tilt activated as well, say when being hitched up?

The Sargent alarms fitted to Swift caravans do have tilt protection, and have had for years. My 2004 Sterling had it!

Edited by Legal Eagle

The alarms are tilt activated, indeed, if you leave them on the most sensitive setting, even a strong breeze will set them off!! (I know, it happened to me until I reset the alarm to it's least sensitive setting!)

1 hour ago, JCCD said:

I'm getting insurance quotes for my 2019 Swift Aventura (Sprite Major dealer special)

Just bought a late 2019 Swift Challenger - collection is next Wednesday.

I'm quite shocked at the CMC insurance quote compared to last year’s premium on the outgoing Bailey… over £100 more.  The C&CC quote is about seven quid higher than CMC though.

On Go Compare, the lowest was £216 but at that sort of level, it is all companies I’ve never heard of.   Been with CMC for years so I'll probably stay put.

2 hours ago, ReggiePerrin said:

Just bought a late 2019 Swift Challenger - collection is next Wednesday.

I'm quite shocked at the CMC insurance quote compared to last year’s premium on the outgoing Bailey… over £100 more.  The C&CC quote is about seven quid higher than CMC though.

On Go Compare, the lowest was £216 but at that sort of level, it is all companies I’ve never heard of.   Been with CMC for years so I'll probably stay put.

Strange how they work. CMC are the cheapest for me at £199 based on no tracker, no contents cover and £300 excess. Swift Supersure whom I'm with now have quoted nearly £300 for the same cover renewal.

They all seem to work no the same principle of pricing lower for new customers and raising it on renewal hoping folk can't be bothered to shop around.

7 minutes ago, JCCD said:

Strange how they work. CMC are the cheapest for me at £199 based on no tracker, no contents cover and £300 excess. Swift Supersure whom I'm with now have quoted nearly £300 for the same cover renewal.

They all seem to work no the same principle of pricing lower for new customers and raising it on renewal hoping folk can't be bothered to shop around.

Mine was with no tracker, £500 contents and £200 voluntary excess.   As you say, strange how they work.   I may try again with different contents and excess values.