Insurance claim advice required

designromeo1205

Message added by CT Advertising,

On 24/09/2021 at 20:32, Mr Plodd said:

I do wonder why insurers like to be advised of the fitting of a towbar, but don’t increase the premium payable, so why do they want to know?

If you have an accident then you may want to claim it existed if it needs replacing.

We had our car broken into in Vancouver 3 years ago and Aviva wanted proof of everything we claimed for. They even wanted proof that we actually went, even though we gave them the crime reference number.

In the end they only paid out on about 50% of our claim  and issued a bank transfer with no explanation as to why. From then on they kept lying to me saying we are dealing with it and Have you not received our email. 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That sounds odd and I cannot see it happening for an accident here. Was this travel insurance where they can be very hard? Over hear it would not be acceptable and you could complain and if need be go to the Ombudsman. I cannot see you losing although, if you cashed the cheque you might have been deemed to accept that as settlement.