no more shouting through the window!

Whomer

All finally sorted and harmony will ensue.

Connector, flow meter, filter, stop valve.

66EED5FF-41DB-4CE8-9B50-915FD17A27D8.jpeg

Edited by Whomer

Would be great, if only I knew what it is and what it's for.

10 minutes ago, madasaman said:

Would be great, if only I knew what it is and what it's for.

Obvious really…

…  it stops people shouting through windows.

If you are plagued by people shouting through your windows then the Acme  No More Shouting Through The Window™ (at all good retailers now) is for you.   

I love this forum! rather than shouting,  walkie talkies may help?

Edited by gtepete

I suspect it's the latest Cherman gadget designed to increase caravan payload :)

All wrong. It’s a musical ltem you blow through one end while  pointing the other end at the window.

while you twist a red lever and press the button in order to tune it.

or it could be something for filling water butts and tanks.

Still none the wiser, even with the knowledgeable comments. I guess its for water, but why and where? no use on my caravan.

2 hours ago, ReggiePerrin said:

Obvious really…

…  it stops people shouting through windows.

If you are plagued by people shouting through your windows then the Acme  No More Shouting Through The Window™ (at all good retailers now) is for you.   

Does it work on Apple computers too or just on Windows?

Every good house or caravan should have one.

It provides a filtered, metered water supply to anything that is connected to it.

Normally the components would be described in the direction of normal flow through the system.

So first you have a Stop Valve (1/4 turn ball valve) with connection for a garden hose.

Then you have a hose connection which connects to the Karcher Water filter. This then connects to the water meter (filter upstream keeps meter clean) and finally to an angle swivel joint with a hose connection at the outlet which could be connected to a hose, garden sprinkler or caravan water supply inlet.

It is not suitable for direct connection to a mains water supply as it is. It would need a Non-Return valve fitted on the inlet possibly between the ball valve and the filter to allow easy maintenance of the whole contraption. The non-return valve is required to prevent back flow into the mains water system. If to be used for potable water all components need to be WRC approved for potable water.

Well I must be really dim - I can't see the point of it.  If you're connected to mains water in the van, why do you need a meter? And where does the 'no more shouting' bit fit in? At first I thought it was something to tell you when you were about to run out of water - but clearly that isn't the case.

Don't get me wrong - I love gadgets - but this one's got me baffled:blink:

VW Touareg Escape towing a 2018 Knaus Starclass 695

15 minutes ago, richardandros said:

Well I must be really dim - I can't see the point of it.  If you're connected to mains water in the van, why do you need a meter? And where does the 'no more shouting' bit fit in? At first I thought it was something to tell you when you were about to run out of water - but clearly that isn't the case.

Don't get me wrong - I love gadgets - but this one's got me baffled:blink:

If you are filling an onboard tank do you need someone inside the caravan to keep an eye on the level and shout when it is full?  By using the meter on this gadget you can eliminate the shouting.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Richard080561 said:

If you are filling an onboard tank do you need someone inside the caravan to keep an eye on the level and shout when it is full?  By using the meter on this gadget you can eliminate the shouting.

There ya go

Ganz  toll!

Edited by Whomer

14 minutes ago, Whomer said:

There ya go

Ganz  toll!

I was impressed until I saw its a bought item and not made in your  garage!!! Hope it works ok....

39 minutes ago, Richard080561 said:

Aaaah - that's why I didn't get it.  Ours fills automatically (and continually on a serviced pitch) from the aquaroll - controlled by a float switch in the tank.  All the water to the taps/shower/toilet is then pumped from the onboard tank.

11 minutes ago, richardandros said:

Aaaah - that's why I didn't get it.  Ours fills automatically (and continually on a serviced pitch) from the aquaroll - controlled by a float switch in the tank.  All the water to the taps/shower/toilet is then pumped from the onboard tank.

11 minutes ago, richardandros said:

But when it’s fitted can you still shout  through the windows if you want to.

Well  all in all it is a useful item. That’s saves time and more time means time to relax.

richardandross...."If you're connected to mains water in the van, why do you need a meter?"
If you want to know how much water you are using you need to measure it,....Think conservation.??
richardandross..."At first I thought it was something to tell you when you were about to run out of water" .... NO it will not tell you anything....You will have to read it.... and shout loudly....Hopefully someone will hear you telling them something??
The meter measures litres (which is a volume measurement) You probably look at your tank and see the level in the tank (which is a linear measurement). If you don't know how much (litres) is in the tank or how much more (litres) you can put in the tank without overfill the meter will not show anything usefull.
These small meters are not accurate at low flowrates and only start to increment at about 0.5 litres per minute, so you need to fill your tank with tap full on and when it overflows...water everywhere.???
I didn't price it but the whole contraption probably costs about £40 to £50.

4 minutes ago, MoonLoon said:

richardandross...."If you're connected to mains water in the van, why do you need a meter?"
If you want to know how much water you are using you need to measure it,....Think conservation.??
richardandross..."At first I thought it was something to tell you when you were about to run out of water" .... NO it will not tell you anything....You will have to read it.... and shout loudly....Hopefully someone will hear you telling them something??
The meter measures litres (which is a volume measurement) You probably look at your tank and see the level in the tank (which is a linear measurement). If you don't know how much (litres) is in the tank or how much more (litres) you can put in the tank without overfill the meter will not show anything usefull.
These small meters are not accurate at low flowrates and only start to increment at about 0.5 litres per minute, so you need to fill your tank with tap full on and when it overflows...water everywhere.???

Ha Ha. I think I'll be sticking with my system, then:)

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, MoonLoon said:

why would I want to fill the tank at under 1litre/min?

Easy enough, tanks empty, let in 45 litres - voila, full tank.

58 minutes ago, richardandros said:

Aquarolls with floats? Why not just put a city water connection to your tank?

Edited by Whomer

4 minutes ago, Whomer said:

why would I want to fill the tank at under 1litre/min?

Easy enough, tanks empty, let in 45 litres - voila, full tank.

Aquarolls with floats? Why not just put a city water connection to your tank?

a) I don't like them.  b) I already had the aquaroll ball valve from our last van. c) I don't think you understand how my system works.  When the inboard tank is full, the float switch cuts the power to the aquaroll pump.  If there were a direct connection - how would it stop the water flow? I'd end up with the caravan flooded if the overflow couldn't cope!  I trust you're not suggesting I dash to the tap and turn it off?? Anyway - what would I be gaining over a system which already works well?

Whomer "why would I want to fill the tank at under 1litre/min?"
OK you are filling a tank so can turn on high flow and then shut off. Fill as fast as you can.

Aquarolls with floats or other continuous "on demand" draw systems.....If someone just cracks  on a tap for hand rinse etc flowrate would be low and probably not measured. If you want to know accurately how much used over a period may not be true reading.

Whomer "Easy enough, tanks empty, let in 45 litres - voila, full tank."
OK, but if tank partly empty and want topup, don't know how much in tank, don't know how much it will take to fill..??

Whomer "Why not just put a city water connection to your tank?"
You put city water connection to Aquaroll float ballvalve connection providing the ballvalve is suitable for the pressure.  City water to tank would be "big bang" or "big leak"

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, richardandros said:

a) I don't like them.  b) I already had the aquaroll ball valve from our last van. c) I don't think you understand how my system works.  When the inboard tank is full, the float switch cuts the power to the aquaroll pump.  If there were a direct connection - how would it stop the water flow? I'd end up with the caravan flooded if the overflow couldn't cope!  I trust you're not suggesting I dash to the tap and turn it off?? Anyway - what would I be gaining over a system which already works well?

off-board water tanks freeze, get muck on them  or get stolen

Ball valve in the inboard water tank - it’s all good.

5 minutes ago, MoonLoon said:

OK, but if tank partly empty and want topup, don't know how much in tank, don't know how much it will take to fill..??

It’s really not hard,

oh look, the tank is 1/4 full, I’ll go and put in 30l!

Edited by Whomer

My on board tank has a sensor that sends to the van main display unit which shows the %fill of my 70 litre tank and I have a simple switch which directs power either to the onboard tank submersible pump for normal operation or to the Aquaroll submersible pump when  want to add water to the onboard tank. When I want to add more water I flick the switch from 'internal' to 'external' and the submersible pump in the Aquaroll pumps water into my onboard tank. The Aquaroll is kept half full by attachment to the mains controlled by a ballcock in the Aquaroll (when mains available). A float sensor in the onboard tank detects when full and switches power from the Aquaroll pump to a buzzer alarm which prevents overfill and prompts me to flick the switch back to internal. Job done. Why would I need anything more?

Life is not a rehearsal . . .:)

Porsche Cayenne S Diesel & Knaus StarClass 695. Previously Audi S4 Avant & Elddis Super Sirocco

1 hour ago, Whomer said:

off-board water tanks freeze, get muck on them  or get stolen

I've never had an aquaroll freeze - it's insulated in winter and if it does, I've always got a full inboard tank to start with.  What has happened is that the hose freezes on serviced pitches - or even the tap - and the waste hose is also more susceptible to freezing than the aquaroll. As for 'getting muck on them' or 'being stolen', I think we're getting silly now!

55 minutes ago, richardandros said:

I've never had an aquaroll freeze - it's insulated in winter and if it does, I've always got a full inboard tank to start with.  What has happened is that the hose freezes on serviced pitches - or even the tap - and the waste hose is also more susceptible to freezing than the aquaroll. As for 'getting muck on them' or 'being stolen', I think we're getting silly now!

really? See the many asks on the interwebs about to ‘how to secure my aquaroll’ and other such.

My onboard tanks can’t freeze, it’s warmed by the blown air circuit, and I’ve got a plug in electric pump option to pump aboard water from a water buggy which fit’s very nicely in the gas locker. Can’t be dealing with all that Aquarolls and insulated water jackets business. Bulky things, where do you stash them?

A solution looking for a problem to solve??

Experience is something you acquire after you have an urgent need for it.