Diesel RFL Rise…

Flatcoat888

I am hearing that the RFL for any diesel next year will be at least £480 or more….. 

7 minutes ago, Flatcoat888 said:

I am hearing that the RFL for any diesel next year will be at least £480 or more….. 

Authoritative source or 'Karen on Faceache says'?  

Political suicide for what ever party brings that in that I would say.:ph34r:

Edited by bob25

The guy said they have been told not to take in diesel p/ex if they can avoid them. Don’t want to get stuck with unsaleable stock. 

30 minutes ago, Flatcoat888 said:

Oh, I certainly hope so. Paid £565 last time on mine.

He had no axe to grind with me, could be wrong. 

Just a reminder to those that surely know already that swearing disguised or not will be (and has been) removed.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

That sum quoted could well be correct because any new car with a list price of over £40K gets really hammered on VED for 4 (or is it 5?) years from new. Son has a Volvo V something and that’s what he is paying for his VED

Experience is something you acquire after you have an urgent need for it.

Yes just paid £480 as car has list price over 40k,must be scope for  a manufacturer to have a list price of £39999,seems unfair to me as surely should be based on price you pay or emissions,just another excuse to rip off certain section of drivers,in the end I have no choice to pay it, as it is my choice of car,after 4 years the rate should come down,but with my luck they will have thought of another way to rip me off,probably some sort of levy to fund installing electric charging points.

26 minutes ago, Mr Plodd said:

That sum quoted could well be correct because any new car with a list price of over £40K gets really hammered on VED for 4 (or is it 5?) years from new. Son has a Volvo V something and that’s what he is paying for his VED

My Volvo V90 was a Volvo demonstrator. It left the factory as a base model Momentum with a list price of JUST under £40K. When delivered to Volvo they then added various “extras” on site which didn’t add to the list price as they were retro-fitted.

2018 Volvo V90 and 2018 Swift Sprite Quattro EB

Govt policy is that EV charging infrastructure will be paid for by public through their bills from their electricity supply companies. This of course means those who earn little and therefore at or close to fuel poverty are subsidising those who have the money to buy an EV. Hardly an equitable solution. 

49 minutes ago, GaryB1969 said:

My Volvo V90 was a Volvo demonstrator. It left the factory as a base model Momentum with a list price of JUST under £40K. When delivered to Volvo they then added various “extras” on site which didn’t add to the list price as they were retro-fitted.

Can’t add heated seats, sunroof and reversing camera at the dealers….

43 minutes ago, Flatcoat888 said:

All these items can be retro fitted (sunroof most difficult but not impossible), but not sure the franchise dealer would necessarily want to do it or be capable if they expect them to be factory fitted options. But there are 3rd party companies out there equipped to do these sort of enhancements. For example on most modern cars, where it's an option, all the wiring and monitor functionality for a reversing camera will already be there; just needs the camera to be fitted and connected and probably some minor software update to enable.

Life is not a rehearsal . . .:)

Porsche Cayenne S Diesel & Knaus StarClass 695. Previously Audi S4 Avant & Elddis Super Sirocco

56 minutes ago, Flatcoat888 said:

Camera can be added at dealer. I know because I had one fitted on my XC60 

Posted (edited)

But is the camera fully integrated into the car infotainment screen? And retro fitting a sunroof would affect type approvals etc. Yes, in theory heated seat inserts can be installed but when I am buying a new car at over £30k I don’t expect to have to have it modified to that extent. I want it to have the features as ‘OE’, not retrofitted. In today’s world such ‘mods’ are just not realistic on a new car. 

Edited by Flatcoat888

Sunroofs (as fitted these days) are certainly not an easy or cheap aftermarket fit for all sorts of reasons. Not least of which is the need to cut a socking great ‘ole in the roof of a brand new (expensive)  car, whereas a factory fit one has a pre-formed aperture in the roof panel that will have returns pressed into the lip of the aperture when it comes from the press which simply cannot be done as an aftermarket job. Then there’s all the additional fixings required for the operating mechanisms to be secured to the roof panel and all of the extra wiring needed to be threaded through to the motors, along with totally different head lining etc etc. 

Its certainly not as simple as it once was with the old “pop-up” glass variety. 

I fitted a fair few of those over the years, attacking a car roof with a jigsaw takes some “spherical objects”

Experience is something you acquire after you have an urgent need for it.

Dog guard and front parking sensors were added. And something else which now escapes me. According to the salesman it was something they frequently did as the base models are pre-wired/pre-equipped for several optional extras.

2018 Volvo V90 and 2018 Swift Sprite Quattro EB

3 hours ago, Flatcoat888 said:

But is the camera fully integrated into the car infotainment screen? 

In the case of my car, yes. Reversing camera was one of the few things omitted in the original spec and I've enquired about having one retro fitted and it can be to factory spec, fully integrated.

Life is not a rehearsal . . .:)

Porsche Cayenne S Diesel & Knaus StarClass 695. Previously Audi S4 Avant & Elddis Super Sirocco

On Volvo XC60 The dealer fitted reversing camera is fully integrated with the infotainment system. 
It comes on when you select reverse, it has parking lines that bend as you turn the wheel, and you can select trailer line that extends from towbar, with the same bend function