Phoenix+ Bailey Wiring Diagrams

D-Hill

I'm trying to find further details regarding some wires that I've found behind the Dometic RMS10.5XS Fridge that I'd like to connect a fridge fan to, see photos. Initially I thought the wires were part of the fridge but I'm wondering if they're wires that Bailey have fitted as the label says 'Internal fan / oven 12V DC/yellow(+) MAX.2A' If these were from the fridge surely they would not have 'fan / oven' and my reason for thinking they maybe Bailey wires not Dometic.

Two other questions:

• What type of connectors are these and where can I purchase them from?
  • MAX.2A, is this 0.2A or 2A ? Even if 0.2A this should be sufficient to run two fans.

Bailey Phoenix+ wiring diagram may help resolve this question.

Thanks 

IMG_2230 copy.jpg

IMG_2231 copy.jpg

IMG_2232 copy.jpg

Stick a meter across them and see what you get. If it’s 12 v and it switched off with the master switch your home and dry! It’s already labelled as the yellow being the + feed so it’s odds on the other is the negative return. 

I would think the loom thats used covers many models so the cable is labelled to cover all option, an oven fan OR a fridge fan.

The supply is 2 amps if it was less than 1 it would have a zero first and show 0.2 amps. The full stop is show that Max is an abbreviated form of maximum. 

2a is more than enough to run a fridge fan. 

I think theres a wiring diagram in the back the back of the Bailey handbook. Don’t forget it’s a schematic diagram so will not show the physical location of anything in relation to the caravans layout.

Experience is something you acquire after you have an urgent need for it.

7 minutes ago, Mr Plodd said:

I think theres a wiring diagram in the back the back of the Bailey handbook. Don’t forget it’s a schematic diagram so will not show the physical location of anything in relation to the caravans layout.

If it’s anything like the one in my handbook, don’t bother looking at it. It doesn’t show wire colours, doesn’t show some OEM fitted items, and doesn’t show a negative connection onto the battery. In short it’s rubbish 

Some Baileys do have a cooling fan on the oven for over temp. rather than fan assist. If not being used it would seem ideal for your purpose.

Had a look at the schematic and the only yellow I could find was labelled auxiliary, as Andy says check voltage is controlled by the main switch. If so, you are good to go.

Got a series 10 fridge on mine and with outside temp. of 30 degrees, awning fitted, and the door open in front of the grills the freezer was still freezing water from ambient. Not sure you are going to need anything extra. Belt and Braces I guess.

I have the series 8.

Non of this nasty PCB controlled nonsense for me, just a good old fashioned, fully mechanical, four-way rotary switch (off, gas, 12v, & 230v) Simples but I do have the somewhat onerous task of actually having to operate the switch, such a first world problem! 

Edited by Mr Plodd

Experience is something you acquire after you have an urgent need for it.

The official Dometic fridge fan just plugs into pre wired plug according to their instructions 👍