Mounting tv on chest of drawers.

Just wondering if anyone has had a go at mounting a tv over the chest of drawers?

Basically I want to leave my tv in place whilst  on the move and adjust it to suit when the bed is out.  I also don't want to add or relocate the existing aerial, sockets etc.

I was thinking of maybe this type of bracket if I don't loose the pull out table function of the chest of drawers.

Edited by hstephen5

I would just be a bit cautious in respect of the possible leverage the TV might  exert on whatever the mounting is secured to. 

Interesting idea though and certainly not one I have ever seen done, or even mentioned, before. If you go ahead with it please post some pictures along with any issues you came across whilst fitting it.

Experience is something you acquire after you have an urgent need for it.

I think the Sprite has a removable chest of drawers with a moving top, so is quite unsuitable for a clamped bracket like that. As Mr Plod says, there will be a leverage. Also consider that a touring caravan is a road vehicle, and at 60mph a flying TV could do some damage.

Thanks for the replies.

I agree with the leverage issue.  I'm going to have a good look this weekend and see if this type of arrangement is possible.

Our tv sits on it own stand .

wrapped up in a duvet and laid between the front bumps on the floor.

takes a few seconds to unwrap and place on the top.

however we do place the tv on some nonslip matting stuff stops it sliding about during the day .

3 hours ago, Sonar said:

Our tv sits on it own stand .

wrapped up in a duvet and laid between the front bumps on the floor.

Likewise except for travel the TV has a loose anti-static sleeve that simply slips over to protect the screen and then lays face down on the front seat with the pair of scatter cushions on top.  Just fits nicely in the space formed by the seat arm, seat back and centre chest.  

Takes but moments to set up or put away and has never moved a cm whilst on the seat.

We always just put it on the duvet of the fixed bed. Never moves.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

8 minutes ago, WispMan said:

We always just put it on the duvet of the fixed bed. Never moves.

:Plus1:

Experience is something you acquire after you have an urgent need for it.